News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Filling your gas tank

Started by 66FBCharger, October 10, 2011, 11:29:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar2

Quote from: 69charger2002 on October 10, 2011, 02:08:23 PM
every time i fill up my car i do the "listen" technique. when it gets to that last gallon there is a distinct sound change and i know it's getting close. i kind of do the "top off" method from there until i can start to see the gas. i've never spilled a drop. i am sure that would get old for a daily driver charger, but as seldomly as i fill up my charger, it's not that much of an inconvenience.

mopar2

Quote from: jar1292 on October 10, 2011, 11:38:38 AM
my thoughts came to the conclusion that the nozzles are made for new cars with a small nozzle hole that is supposed to create a back pressure and shut off the valve.

WV69RT

I second the listen method on the 69 Charger... That's what I use -

ACUDANUT

Yep, you can hear it gurgle, when it's close..

FrnkNsteen

Quote from: Dino on October 10, 2011, 02:03:00 PM
Quote from: RKCHARGER on October 10, 2011, 01:55:41 PM
Might be a long shot but I find that actually paying attention helps.... :slap:    :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

I'd agree but I'm either too busy arguing with people that these cars never came with a 440 hemi or I'm politely trying to explain why I didn't paint it orange.   :D

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
1969 Charger SE (Just starting the restoration)
1967 Barracuda Notchback

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: tommymac on October 10, 2011, 03:56:59 PM
Thats funny mine reads 3/4 when full also and i do the listening to the gurgles to stop,that works to prevent a mess.

Same problem here. my 500 has read 3/4 when full since it was new. I changed the fuel sender and it didn't change so I am guessing it is the gauge and when it says empty it is. I have put 18.5 gal. in it a few times.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser