News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

neutral safety switch

Started by Roger 68 charger, October 03, 2011, 03:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger 68 charger

68 charger--where is the neutral safety switch---there is a connector on the trans with two wires,I thought these were for the back up lights---is one for the lights and one for the neutral safety switch? If I remember correctly the neutral safety wire goes to the starter relay and the back up lights to the bulkhead... :scratchchin:
68 charger RT 505"
70 cuda
99 Durango

Roger 68 charger

Forgot to say its a 4 speed   :cheers:
68 charger RT 505"
70 cuda
99 Durango

gtx6970

on  1969 and older, there is no neutral safety switch on a manual trans car

Roger 68 charger

Is their one on the automactics? My car used to be a auto ,so is the starter relay switch differant for a auto and manual?
68 charger RT 505"
70 cuda
99 Durango

gtx6970

Quote from: Roger 68 charger on October 03, 2011, 06:05:38 PM
Is their one on the automactics? My car used to be a auto ,so is the starter relay switch differant for a auto and manual?

Yes, there is ,
and for 1968 the starter relays are different between manual  cars versus auto trans cars

gtx6970

manual trans cars uses S101
Automatic trans cars uses S102

CornDogsCharger

You can still use the relay for an automatic car. Just tak about 3 inches of wire, connect it to the terminal in the lower right corner, and ground it under one of the relay bolts. This will also allow you to crank the car in gear.

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee