News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Instrument cluster resto article

Started by GTX, December 20, 2005, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTX

I used to scan and save some of what I thought were cooler tech articles over the years. I have lost many in a drive crash but occasionally find one here and there.
I found one the other day on how to resto your cluster.
If anyone is interested in it I'll forward it to you. It's just a 1.7 meg zip file with 4 scanned pages in jpg format.

Send me a message through here rather than a follow up post since I may not drop in here and look for replies for a while. 

Cheers! :icon_smile_big:

SpudRacer

Does it contain instructions on an easy way to pull the instrument cluster?  1969 Charger R/T SE.

I've got the screws out and the cluster is loose, but do I need to get under the dash on my back to disconnect it?  Or can it be done from the front??  Does the steering column need to be lowered to provide enough room for the cluster to slip out?

Any help GREATLY appreciated.

Tom
Tom
Bryson City, NC
69' Charger R/T SE Turquoise

Troy

You'll probably have to lower the steering column and then you can pull the wires off the back of the cluster. I don't remember having to do anything from under the dash. In 68 there's a little hidden screw that makes things entertaining.... :D

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

GTX

Since the requests keep coming I decided to just upload it and anyone who wants it can get it themselves:
Enjoy and I hope it helps you!    ;D

Don't click on this, it gives a dead link because it's not html. Copy it and paste it to your browser address bar and it should work.

http://www.geocities.com/dax2274/guage_resto.zip

Or in PDF format thanks to Sydmoe:

http://www.geocities.com/dax2274/gauge_resto_article-1.pdf

Mfr426

Yep, you need to drop the column so you dont scratch the dash, column and woodgrain. Other than that it's loads of fun...

oh boy...

GTX

I'm over my quota and need the space so I'm pulling these down today.
I think probably everyone has gotten it who wants it but you can still pm me and I'll send it.

-Dave

marangen

Hmm - and where is that screw Troy mentions??

My 68 could do with some cluster resto but it seems like some R&D and preparations will help avoid mistakes...

M

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: marangen on January 12, 2006, 02:35:49 AM

My 68 could do with some cluster resto but it seems like some R&D and preparations will help avoid mistakes...

M

Heres a hint......
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Troy

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on January 12, 2006, 06:02:19 PM
Quote from: marangen on January 12, 2006, 02:35:49 AM

M

Heres a hint......

Yeah, look behind that little medallion thingy for the last screw... :D

Troy

LeeBoy

Hey where can I get one of those R/T medallions for the instrument cluster?
My 68 Charger build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41318.0.html
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2005 HEMI Ram( totaled with only 27,000 miles on it!), 1977 Power Wagon (Sold), 1977 Plymouth Trailduster, 1974 360 Cuda, 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus, 1973 D200 Adventurer Sport, 1968 Charger (sold), 1965 Dart (sold)

694spdRT

I think they were used in the Coronet R/T's originally. Finding one NOS or used is the only way last I heard.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

LeeBoy

My 68 Charger build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41318.0.html
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2005 HEMI Ram( totaled with only 27,000 miles on it!), 1977 Power Wagon (Sold), 1977 Plymouth Trailduster, 1974 360 Cuda, 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus, 1973 D200 Adventurer Sport, 1968 Charger (sold), 1965 Dart (sold)

Troy

Quote from: LeeBoy on January 13, 2006, 03:23:19 AM
Hey where can I get one of those R/T medallions for the instrument cluster?
Last one I saw on eBay was about $90 so be prepared for some sticker shock. :D

Troy

smasherofall

I have one of the bullseye ones and one with the dodge emblem, any idea how to tell which one is right for your car?

Troy

Quote from: smasherofall on January 17, 2006, 01:12:17 PM
I have one of the bullseye ones and one with the dodge emblem, any idea how to tell which one is right for your car?
We've tried to figure it out before and there doesn't seem to be a pattern. Here's another thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7623.0.html

Troy

joww3

Can I use these instructions on the 3rd generation Charger? or does anyone have anything on the 3rd gen?