News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

77 Daytona?

Started by TheGhost, August 11, 2011, 07:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGhost

Stopped at the stealership to make my payment the other day, and saw an old Magnum with a Daytona wing.  Asked about it while I was inside.  Guy says it was factory?  Told him I didn't believe it, had never heard of one before, so he jumps online and shows me a bunch more.  Still not sure, so I figure I'd ask you guys.

Did Dodge make a 77 Magnum Daytona?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Old Tired Rebel

Quote from: TheGhost on August 11, 2011, 07:58:29 PM
Stopped at the stealership to make my payment the other day, and saw an old Magnum with a Daytona wing.  Asked about it while I was inside.  Guy says it was factory?  Told him I didn't believe it, had never heard of one before, so he jumps online and shows me a bunch more.  Still not sure, so I figure I'd ask you guys.

Did Dodge make a 77 Magnum Daytona?

No not with a Daytona wing. There was a Guy in Mo that added a bunch of wings to Magnums. His name is Andre La something he has them in CL all the time.

TheGhost

That makes more sense.  Looks like a decent job was done, exterior of the car looks fine.  Interior is all torn up.  Should get pics next time I'm up there.  Was in too much of a hurry last time.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Old Tired Rebel

I hope I helped. Did it have big black letters on the rear quarters that said Daytona?

TheGhost

Quote from: Cliff Doba on August 11, 2011, 08:15:31 PM
I hope I helped. Did it have big black letters on the rear quarters that said Daytona?

Yes, it does.

Old Tired Rebel

Old Tired Rebel

DC_1

Chrysler made a 77 Charger Daytona. It was basically a stripe and trim option

no318

Is it in Kearney area??

TheGhost

Old Tired Rebel

I bet you could take a 74 Charger put a nose and wing and that salesman would say it's factory.

super77se

no no no never .....mother mopar had long forgotten about wings by 1977 .the "daytona " was an optional paint package and nothing more... although...... nevermind

J-440

Do NOT put a wing on that car.  Even the ricers will laugh at it. :laugh:
68 R/T, 440/727 6-speed, SC G-machine...black suede

mauve66

grab it up, its an original creation, not a cookie cutter factory job like all the other tonas out there at the shows
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment