News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

superbee hood skin seperated from supports what do you use to fix

Started by bugsydog, February 21, 2012, 08:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugsydog

superbee hood skin seperated from supports what type of glue do you use to make proper repairs? picture is not the best.

vancamp

3m,sem,lord fusor and duramix all make the foam for repairing this havent used any but the 3m but cant remember the part # at the moment

bugsydog

so i amagine you need to some how compress the pieces together to make sure they stay attached during curing time without damaging the profile of the hood?

superbirdtom

The factory used some kind of glop.  but Ive used windshield urethane  It looks like factory.  and sticks well. an is strong.  just use some mini clamps  in places you can.  if you do it with hoof on car  just find a 2x4 that fits and cross boards and put where urethane glob is then close hood 4 inches from shut,  the hood as enough weight to bear down on the areas.   Wish i were Id have you fixed upin a jif.