News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

a-833 gear oil and capacity

Started by Brightyellow69rtse, September 30, 2011, 08:19:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brightyellow69rtse

what gear oil do i get for it and how much? ill be picking the motor up next week so im trying to tie up all the lose ends :)

Brightyellow69rtse

i was unaware you put additive in the tranny. i knew the dana took it. thank you sir

Chryco Psycho

I messed up , 4 qts of 89-90 oil , no additive , I was thinking diff not trans  :brickwall:

A383Wing

Chryco Psycho

do not use the synthetic gear oil , if it is GL% it is too slippery & the syncros will not grab , 80-90 works great , any make , the factory service manual says you can use ATF but I would only recommend that in very cold climates

Brightyellow69rtse

i got 2 quarts of plain old advanced auto parts 80-90 gl5 gear oil today. 5 bucks a quart. should be good right?

Chryco Psycho

should work , but I screwed up , you need 4 qts as I stated above .

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on October 01, 2011, 08:28:19 AM
do not use the synthetic gear oil , if it is GL% it is too slippery & the syncros will not grab

Oldest myth in the book, synthetics for synchromesh transmissions are formulated with friction modifiers.

I use Red Line 75W-90NS or Red Line MTL in the 833 and it shifts smoother than 90 or 140 and is less noisy than ATF.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.