News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's a good source for new E-brake cable assembly?

Started by bull, September 12, 2011, 01:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Are there any suppliers that sell a new, OE-style complete E-brake cable setup or will I be restoring the old one?

Budnicks

I think , but I'm not positive, try theses maybe,   Dorman Products,  Inline Tube,  Mancini Racing   &   SSBC (Stainless Steel Brake Company)
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Plumcrazy

I just replaced my rear cables with cables from Year One.   They look like original cables.  You can still buy the cables from local part stores but they will be vinyl covered.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

bill440rt

AFAIK, Inline Tube is the only company "officially" producing correct replacement brake cables. The other companies then would just be suppliers.
Having said that, their return policy and customer service flat out sucks. I would look elsewhere with another supplier at a similar price.
:Twocents:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Chatt69chgr

The e-brake cable setup from Inline tube is available in either stainless or regular steel.  As stated, the ones from everyone else are plastic covered and do not look like the originals.

ChargerST

What about restoring the old cables? Soak them in Evaporust and lube them up - should be fine in 95% of the time.

bull

Quote from: ChargerST on September 13, 2011, 10:38:53 AM
What about restoring the old cables? Soak them in Evaporust and lube them up - should be fine in 95% of the time.

I hear you but I'd like to go with stainless on this. And I'm not in the mood to fool with the original cable right now.