News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Autozone Website Error Found?part 333 front brake shoes

Started by ChargersETC..ETC.., September 25, 2011, 05:41:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargersETC..ETC..

I think I found a error on the Autozone website! but...I can't say for sure because I have yet to see the actual part or get much help from the company after almost a week of sending emails to customer service.Autozone front drum brake shoes part # 333 or fb333 is listed on the website as measureing 12x2 1/2 to fit a 1969 Dodge Charger . I hope that they are 10x2 1/2 because they don't list that size for the front brakes and to my knowledge only 10x2 1/2 or 11x3 front brake shoes fit 69 charger.I got a reply from autozone that said part #333 fits the rear of car which seems to be true thats why I ordered a set  :smilielol: but the same part #333 is also listed for the front brake which is the direct question I asked them if they bothered to read my email correctly.In one email they say there parts directer informs them it's 10x2 1/2 then after I send them another email they say there seems to be a problem with there website part 333 is 10x2 1/2 but thats all no front or rear statement or notation.I don't know what I ordered I asked for them to have someone pull part off the shelf and email me a pic with a tape measure alongside the actual part but that didn't happen. I won't post pics due to copyright issues so check out their wesite if anyones looking to order brakes there and see if you can figure out what size front brake shoes they are selling?

John_Kunkel

333 is a Bendix number for a 10 X 2 1/2" shoe used on the front and rear from '62-'72.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

ChargersETC..ETC..

THANK YOU  :2thumbs:
I'm still waiting for Autozones official reply.
10x 2 1/2 vs AUTOZONES OFFICIAL LISTING of 12x2 1/2
I hope that AUTOZONE IS WRONG!

ChargersETC..ETC..

I got the brake shoes today.
They seem to measure 9x 2 1/2 inches the way I measure them.
Which would make sence to me because they have to be smaller then the brake drum to fit inside it . As far as I know these look to be the correct brakes for the 10x 2 1/2 front brake system. AUTOZONE IS WRONG :nana: THESE BRAKES ARE NOT! 12x2 1/2 DO NOT TRUST THEIR WEBSITE AT ALL! I am disgusted with their customer service since noone their took the time to actually measure the brake shoes for me! All they did was listen to what I told them then relay my information back to as if they had listened and ansered my questions . They tried to deny any mistakes with their website until I emailed them a pic off their website as proof of mistake . Autozone passed my questions off to several diffrent employes and the only way I got my ansewer was to take a chance order the brakes wait about a week open the box and measure the actual part myself because they don't care at all in my opinion.They nicked up the brake pads too because of the way they shipped them !!! Some of the pad material chipped off and is gone. The box stinks horriable like toxic chemical in my opinion . The brakes are made in Mexico. The metal is painted black.
These are the $ 17.99 El Cheapo brakes by the way .As far as I know thats all Autozone has .Basicly no selection they seem to have only one choice take it or leave it and you have to be able to figure out what fits yourself at least that was my experiance . Next time I will look for brakes elsewhere for right now all I plan to do is test car out driveing around the field here. Hopefully I saved someone about a weeks time by provideing better info then Autozone does. :icon_smile_big:

John_Kunkel

Brake drum diameter measurements are taken on the inside of the drum, with the shoes assembled together with the adjuster they should measure around 10" across the two shoes.

Put the individual shoes in the drum and the arc of the shoe should closely match the arc of the drum.

HPP

Well, Autozone is a big corporate entrprise with what may appear to be archaic rules and I'm willing to bet that the ability to change computer entries is something the local store staff can't do. Heck, I bet the regional managers can't even do that. On top of that, you're pointing out a problem on a part for a 40 year old car that they maybe sell a handfull of shoes for every year. Chalk it up to experience, communicate it on web boards, be happy for your discovery.

John_Kunkel

Autozone is a strange place, at least my local one is. If I walk in the store with a legitimate part number from their website in hand they can't deal with it, it's always "what is it for?"  :shruggy:

ChargersETC..ETC..

I think even given the cars age the company must in my opinion sell more then a handfull of these style brake shoes each year. I think they fit Chrysler ,Dodge and Plymouth vehicles
from 1962-72 .So add up everytime a Chrysler product owner replaces their brake shoes in all 50 US States plus international sales and there should still be a high demand $$$$ for these shoes for years and years. Now if the company can't realize this and doesn't have sence enough to listen to their customers that actually buy their parts and correct errors to their website and provide decent customer service they will probley just loose sales of this part one customer at a time. The last time I checked it seemed like they did Not! have the desire or ability to update their website so in my opinion that makes it a very strange place.
Here is some more info in case anyones interested

ChargersETC..ETC..

I don't know what material the brake pads are made out of?  :shruggy:
Something non asbestos
When new the brake pad seems to measure aprox 1/4 inch thick .So if interested compare that to other mfgs specs to see how they match up .