News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My project as it stands

Started by redrumcustoms9960, October 06, 2011, 10:27:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charge69

Your project looks like it is coming along great!  Really nice looking '68 Charger!  Congrats!!

redrumcustoms9960

Thanks... 3 years under the knife and alot of money and hard work but im happy how the outcome looks so far  :cheers:

Troy

Looks like you plan on driving it! :2thumbs: I see you've already got the door weatherstripping on but it's not too late to paint the insides of your doors - assuming you're going with some other color than red in your interior. The door panel doesn't cover the entire inner door so there's a big strip of painted metal that will be visible between the carpet and door panel which should match the interior color.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

redrumcustoms9960

Quote from: Troy on October 06, 2011, 11:04:49 AM
Looks like you plan on driving it! :2thumbs: I see you've already got the door weatherstripping on but it's not too late to paint the insides of your doors - assuming you're going with some other color than red in your interior. The door panel doesn't cover the entire inner door so there's a big strip of painted metal that will be visible between the carpet and door panel which should match the interior color.

Troy

Its going hemi orange in and out with black seats dash door panels ext.... i know hemi orange wasnt offered in 68 but it looks so good

skip68

Very nice and welcome to the site. 
:cheers:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Benji

My hat is off to you guys who rescue these old gals from the boneyards and car crushers.  I had two 1968 Chargers "back in the day."  Wish I'd have kept them now!

Ben

redrumcustoms9960

my biggest issue is the grill, made the mistake of setting it beside the shop over the winter and a huge chunk of ice fell off the roof and landed on it and broke out all the center plastic and basically mangled the chrome and framing

Dino

Quote from: redrumcustoms9960 on October 06, 2011, 12:48:08 PM
my biggest issue is the grill, made the mistake of setting it beside the shop over the winter and a huge chunk of ice fell off the roof and landed on it and broke out all the center plastic and basically mangled the chrome and framing

Ouch....that must've been one heck of a chunk!

Plastic can be 'welded', frame can be straigthened like any piece of metal, trim is trickier but the right person can straighten it.  It's stainless so once it's straight it can be sanded and polished to look like new, only the corner trim is chromed.

Easier said than done I know, but you have nothing to lose by trying.

Your car looks awesome by the way.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

redrumcustoms9960

Quote from: Dino on October 06, 2011, 12:52:44 PM

Plastic can be 'welded', frame can be straigthened like any piece of metal, trim is trickier but the right person can straighten it.  It's stainless so once it's straight it can be sanded and polished to look like new, only the corner trim is chromed.

Thanks and ya i know but all the fins in the center are broke to bits

Charger-Bodie

Grille trim is aluminum . Not Stainless steel.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Dino

Quote from: redrumcustoms9960 on October 06, 2011, 01:02:23 PM
Quote from: Dino on October 06, 2011, 12:52:44 PM

Thanks and ya i know but all the fins in the center are broke to bits

If I come across a messed up grille with decent center I'll let you know.

Dino

goosesgarage

looks real good i may be able to fix you grille plastic

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Dino on October 06, 2011, 01:39:31 PM
Quote from: 1HotDaytona on October 06, 2011, 01:20:28 PM
Grille trim is aluminum . Not Stainless steel.

I stand corrected.

Ive always wished it was Stainless though. All the trim on these cars are great,but they kinda chinched out on the grille imo. It looks great,but its very flimsy.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Troy

Quote from: redrumcustoms9960 on October 06, 2011, 11:31:39 AM
Quote from: Troy on October 06, 2011, 11:04:49 AM

Troy

Its going hemi orange in and out with black seats dash door panels ext.... i know hemi orange wasnt offered in 68 but it looks so good
Ok then, it will be fine!

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

redrumcustoms9960

And ya its going to be a driver... no trailer queen here... these cars where built for the road not a trailer, a person has no clue how much work one of these really are until you get into it and all the little pieces you need as you go along... like even all the bolts are painted and not just whipped in... this was the only car i wanted as a kid and to finally have it feels amazing and its took a good chunk of 3-4 years to get it to this stage i wouldnt be upset if it takes me another 4 to finish it im still young hahaha :D