News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Double Check Wheel Selection - please

Started by Brent69, August 17, 2011, 11:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brent69

Ok, I've read through hundreds of posts including the sticky, and I've used the Vexer.com tool to check things, but just want somebody to double check what I'm about to do.  I saw some pictures in a magazine article on a 69 Charger that I really like the wheel setup on.  They included the basic dimensions of the wheels and tires so I'm trying to copy that as close as possible without getting in to super expensive custom rims.  Here's what that car had:

Front: 17 x 8 with 245-45
Rear:  18 x 10 with 275-40

Finding rims like this with the right offset and backspacing is tricky unless you go custom - at least that's my observation.

I found the following rims at Ron's Rims.

Front: 17 x 8  4.75" BS w/ 6mm offset
Rear: 18 x 9  5.25" BS w/ 6mm offset

I think these will work fine, but not sure about putting the 275 tire on a 9" rim vs. a 10"  I know zero offset is generally preferred, but 6mm is minimal and I don't think will cause any problems.

Anything jump out at anybody regarding fit?  Any thoughts on a 275 tire on a 9" rim?

I'll try to include link and picture:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/17x7-STREETER-WHEELS-FORD-MUSTANG-MOPAR-GALAXIE-/300553392103?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item45fa60cfe7#ht_4322wt_941

WHITE AND RED 69

Those wheels should fit fine. I run and 8" wide front with the same backspace and it fits perfectly and the rear should be fine with 5.25" backspace. The 275 tire fits a 9" wheels but thats the minimum width the tire will fit. Why not a 255 or 265? Post some pics when you get them on.   :cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Brent69

Per request, here's a pic with the new tires and wheels on.  Will probably lower the rear a little more - brand new springs in the back so may need them to settle a bit first.  Car is almost done.  Should be bringing her home soon.