News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2881489?

Started by bull, September 16, 2011, 12:19:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Does anyone know what this diff came out of? It's a Sure Grip and the car is coded for an open diff.

Oh, and do you like the doubled lock washers on the snubber? That's what happens when someone is too lazy to clean the crud out of the bolt holes. :rotz:

Chryco Psycho

489 carriers were used from 69 -74

bull

Chryco Psycho

they use the biggest gear set so from that angle they are the best , the down side is the crush sleeve [achilles heel]
, the crush sleeve should be replaced with a solid spacer & shims , the other problem is with that carrier they quit using the good clutch sure grip & went to the weak & non rebuildable  cone type / junk

69rtse4spd

Can you post a picture of the back side, to see what type of sure grip it is.

Cooter

Cone loaders are and can be rebuildable....I got one that you'd swear was a locker/spool...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Chryco Psycho

Yup you can grind down the end of the cones & shim the springs to get the pressure back but they still only use one cross pin instead of the double pin the clutch type uses . I have broken spider / axle gear sets because there is on 2 not 4 gears meshing with the axle gears

bull

Quote from: 69rtse4spd on September 16, 2011, 05:43:12 PM
Can you post a picture of the back side, to see what type of sure grip it is.

Not at the moment, but I will. The whole assembly is at the sandblaster until Monday.