News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Best place to get power for my Tachometer?

Started by billschroeder5842, November 27, 2011, 04:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billschroeder5842

I took my instrument cluster out and put in a new working clock (!) and everything is fine.

However in the process had to disconnect the red power line to my after market tachometer; I was using the clock power feed (I know, I know).

Now I'm a bit stuck on where to run the line for the tachometer. Is there there a place that is best on the fuse block or is there something easier?

Thanks!
Texas Proud!

John_Kunkel

I'd hook it to the blue IGN1 wire at the ignition switch.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

billschroeder5842

Thanks but (long story) that won't work on my car; I took the cluster out to do a repair on some melted ignition/key cylinder issues.

Plan B?
Texas Proud!

John_Kunkel

If you're gonna use the factory ignition switch there has to be an IGN1 regardless of the color.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

elacruze

I jumped in from the hot lead on the windshield washer pump button, which comes from the Ignition then wiper switch.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

terrible one

I attached mine at an open terminal on the fuse box, as pictured below. Easy to remove/ install and no hacking at my new wiring harness.

Yours may not be the same depending on electrical options, etc. Just get a test light or voltmeter and find one that is hot only when the key is on