News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Question for Australian Charger fans

Started by Ghoste, December 14, 2011, 07:06:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Is there a color for the E49 Chrysler Charger that is possibly considered the "iconic" one down under?

lookin@my68

I'd say that there are 4 'iconic' colors for E49's

Vitamin C
Hemi Orange
Mercury Silver
Hot Mustard

If I had to choose one of those four I would choose  Vitamin C - some people would disagree with Hot Mustard in that list as it is very much a love it or hate it color - but it represents the era and the car very well

Cheers
Danny

Laxy

Yes I agree, with Vitamin C and Hemi Orange being the most 'iconic' of that list. All the posters and ads/road test articles I had growing up were usually Vitamin C cars.

Despite this I reckon Limelight is the most sought after.

If they ever made a Magenta E49 it would be a different story though.
71 Valiant VH Hardtop 265 Hemi 4-speed, 71 VH Valiant Charger R/T Replica 360 4-speed, 68 Dodge Charger 440/727.

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

68r/t

I love the limelight, followed by mercury silver, :2thumbs:

doctor4766

Tough question Ghoste.
These days I think you'd take whatever you could get your hands on, but if I was buying one from new, it would be a toss up between Vitamin C...

...and Hemi orange

Gotta love a '69

buddybaker

Mine was Hot Mustard........on a dull day it simply glowed.

Bob T

Mercury Silver. Streets ahead. Second choice Vit C, Third tie between Limelight or Artic white
Bias here as you might expect, my old car is in the last shot, other pics from club runs
Artic White and the Hot mustard 48 cars are in the Hey Charger book by Gary Bridger

Hey Ghoste, if you are in the market for one, I am about to advertise a mate of mines 71 VH Charger R/T 38 clone, 4 spd , triples, Vit C, 9.5/10
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Quote from: Bob T on December 24, 2011, 06:17:04 AM
Hey Ghoste, if you are in the market for one, I am about to advertise a mate of mines 71 VH Charger R/T 38 clone, 4 spd , triples, Vit C, 9.5/10

Can't say I've seen any Australian Chargers in the US, or any others for that matter (with the exception of a Mad Max Falcon). I wonder how it would be perceived. My guess is not too well, especially with a 6. Most Americans also think the VK Commodore looks like a Mustang. The 4 door thing also doesn't go down well