News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Viper Caliper Conversion - Anyone have a tutorial or a list of supplies needed?

Started by Supercharged Riot, August 20, 2011, 05:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supercharged Riot

Anyone here actually successfully convert to (2003 & newer) Viper calipers yet? I did a search and found nothing but questions and no answers.
I am ready to start tackling this project and I got enough money ready. Right now I am making a list before I execute.

I'm trying to map out my costs on this setup
I am only trying to do Viper calipers in the front and something else in the back that has a parking brake capability

Here's what I got listed so far:

Description                            Cost
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Viper Calipers - Front Pair                           $450.00
AR Engineering Conversion Kit (13" kit)       $1,000.00
Magnumforce UCA                                     $475.00
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Total                                                         $1,925.00

If it's too much, I might have to think alternatives.
In the future, I will be seriously looking to do a coilover suspension conversion to complement my disc brake conversion.
Thanks guys.
I appreciate all the help you can get.
If I do this successfully, I want to post a tutorial myself to help other people.

bull

Big Sugar

They are not yet on the Charger but I scoured the Viper forums for a set of Calipers and very quickly found a low mile set from a 99 viper with all hardware  $250. for the pair, Got my stainless lines thru inline tube for about $75 all done, Picked up the bearing bushing and master from DR.Diff,(Suggest you call Cass..Very Helpfull !) Found a set of plated and drilled 11 3/4 Rotors thru a Mopar buddy for $220.
Still need the  Caliper Bolts
                   Purportioning valve
                   New Pads.
Should be all said and done within the $1000 mark for the 11 3/4" AR / Viper setup.

Cass (DR.Diff)  also sells a Mustang Cobra rear disc setup(built in PB.) complete for $595.

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

dangina

alot of guys run them here:http://www.protouringmopar.com/forum.php

if I'm not mistaken the AR engineering $1000 kit includes the viper calipers...

autodynamics

just in case anyone is interseted i have a 13" baer brake set up for our chargers, the only item thats missing are the hub which can be bought from baer directly. it includes rotors calipers, pads brake lines (new) and instructions.Rotors calipers and related hardware is in fantasic condition...

pics are available upon request.

sorry if i hijacked your thread
btw cost 400.00
Pete

Chryco Psycho