News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Autocrossing with manual in charger....

Started by 1974dodgecharger, January 21, 2014, 12:32:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

Is it ok and possible to autcross in the charger with manual steering?  Mopars at the strip has it for 85 bucks presented by hotchkis I have almost their pieces on my car and would like to give it a try with manual steering.

Do they get mad if you hit all the cones?  :icon_smile_big:

JB400

I don't see why it would be such a big deal.  I know of quite a few dirt trackers that run manual steering, or just loop their power steering hoses.  Go ahead and try it Cone killer :nana:

myk

Only thing you can do is try.  Is manual steering the optimal setup for auxo-X'ing?  Maybe not, but it's completely "possible" to do...

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on January 21, 2014, 12:39:57 AM
I don't see why it would be such a big deal.  I know of quite a few dirt trackers that run manual steering, or just loop their power steering hoses.  Go ahead and try it Cone killer :nana:

'cone killer' thats a good one I might just that if I register for it in April and videotape me hitting all the cones and get an award for 'worst autcrossing in history'

BROCK

When I was a young man:  Hey I could do that & did.  One arm steering through
anything I could find.  Called it practice or a challenge.  IF you haven't dialed out
all of the forward bias they came with; you are steering as much with the rear as
with the steering wheel :drool5: 

Now my kids are grown & my shoulders are shot - not gonna be able to prove it. 
We didn't come up with technological advances just to see the next group hurt
like we do............

Modern wheels - I hate the look of them - have the majority of the tire's contact
patch biased toward the inside of the bearings.  This is to offset steering input +
allot of other engineering benefits that I haven't completely bought into yet.  So,
Of course there is a way to dial in your front suspension to take advantage of
such a set up.  Suspension dynamics being what they are today:  You can build it
as you see fit :yesnod:

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

Ghoste

At one time most racing was done without power steering.  I blame Jeff Gordon.

1974dodgecharger

need to email hotchkis to see if its ok that I knock down 99% of the cones that day in vegas....

Ghoste