News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger SE woodgrain where to get?

Started by A34, July 17, 2011, 01:04:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A34

I'll be starting the restoration of the R6 car in my signature in a few weeks. I spoke to Mike Mancini at Carlisle and it seems no one is doing the correct grain for the instrument bezels for those cars as far as he knows. I have the BEA product in another car I own and it's not the correct '69 stuff. What have you guys done in the past? Any idea on where to get the correct grain?

Looking at it tonight, I started thinking about the scat pack decal and r/t emblem over the glovebox. I spoke to the original owner and he put them there. Would you keep them or remove them for the restoration? I'm leaning toward removing, but it is a part of the car's history.
Looking for NOS parts for 69 Charger - whatcha got?
God Bless America, Our Troops and Their Families !
Deo Vindice

68 CHARGER R/T

for originality i would remove them. but it would have been nice if the factory back then had used them their  :Twocents:

bobfist

Classicindustries.com  has a lot of new parts , they have the wood grain as well
www.bobfist.com
Muscle Car Restorations & Reproduction
Sweden

dodgechar

May be wrong, but I thought I got a decal set from  yearone  2 decads ago.  May have been somewhere else.   I'd loose the decal  and keep the  R/T,  but I'm not oe kinda guy, if you are loose em  both.

A34

Quote from: bobfist on July 24, 2011, 04:14:15 PM
Classicindustries.com  has a lot of new parts , they have the wood grain as well

Yeah, but is it correct? I'll check them out, but last time i talked to them I thought they were jerks.
Deo Vindice

flyboyedwards

Quote from: A34 on July 17, 2011, 01:04:22 PM
I'll be starting the restoration of the R6 car in my signature in a few weeks. I spoke to Mike Mancini at Carlisle and it seems no one is doing the correct grain for the instrument bezels for those cars as far as he knows. I have the BEA product in another car I own and it's not the correct '69 stuff. What have you guys done in the past? Any idea on where to get the correct grain?

Looking at it tonight, I started thinking about the scat pack decal and r/t emblem over the glovebox. I spoke to the original owner and he put them there. Would you keep them or remove them for the restoration? I'm leaning toward removing, but it is a part of the car's history.

Is that the real "scat pack" decal or just a super bee decal? it appears to be the Bee decal. I do like the R/T emblem there!!! Just my  :Twocents:

BananaDan

I used BEA's bezels.   :shruggy:  You could try speaking with Performance Car Graphics, maybe they can do something for you.  They do a lot of part resto services.
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

A34

Quote from: flyboyedwards on July 24, 2011, 10:54:47 PM
Quote from: A34 on July 17, 2011, 01:04:22 PM

Is that the real "scat pack" decal or just a super bee decal? it appears to be the Bee decal. I do like the R/T emblem there!!! Just my  :Twocents:

I've had the car since '87 and it was on there when I got it. Original owner said he installed it. So, I'd guess it's real. Looks like the scat pack.
Deo Vindice