News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

sequencial tail light wiring

Started by dodgechar, July 13, 2011, 09:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodgechar

looking to use sequencial tail lights on my 69 SE , does anyone know how to wire this up. Its a custom job and always liked the way old cougers lights worked, I know a ford idea!  I think it be  a cool custom project.

Brock Samson

do a search - the answers are out there...  :icon_smile_wink:

five pages of threads... http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=search2

ODZKing

dodgechar

Thanks  king,  i'll  began my project!   great site :coolgleamA:

WHITE AND RED 69

Here is a set of sequential LEDs. I have the non sequential and love the look of them. easy to hook up as well.

http://www.northwestmustang.com/moparCharger.html
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

dodgechar

Picked up the sequencial kit from web electronics, orderd it sunday -got it wed. usps.  now the wiring part.  it would appear the wiring on this 69 taillights is , black,  running lights and brake,  green and brown  turn signals.  The  inner most  lights is a single black wire connected to a single prong bulb, while the 4 outer bulbs  has a green & black  lft  side,  and the rht  side  brown & black.   Outer bulbs are double prong.  Now trying   to  wire this unit to sequence all 3 bulbs when turn signal is turned on.   The kit calls for the first wire to be connected to the inner light  turn signal wire.  There is no turn signal wire there just the black.   So if I simply move ,  the second light to the first spot then wire the single black wire , now in #2 spot,  with there second wire from the kit. The  #3 spot with there third wire. Will this work all three lights to sequence? Anybody been here before?   Im assuming  the wires are hot  and the ground is the body.    Sorry for the long question. :shruggy:

dodgechar

Here's the answer to my own question, hope this will make wiring sequential turn signals  in 69 chargers  all over a breeze.  First get the  3 light kit from webelectricproducts.com, they had mine at my door in 3 days, allowing  me to work this today, sat. 
             dodge wiring:  black wire-  running lights and brake lights-  all six  lights                                                 
                             green wire-  lft turn signal         2 outside lights                                                             
                             brown      -  rht  turn signal        2 outside lights
                                                                              black single wire inside most lights
                               ground is at the taillight socket when you plug back on.
     The kit calls for #1  inside light to connect to the signal wire,but thats a single black wire,  so you move #2  socket to #1     and   #1  to #2 . This give you a signal wire at #1  now connect the RED  WIRE from the KIT to the signal wire, green on lft ,brown on rht side.   Just tap into the wire with the quick splice connector provided,  dont cut it.  Leave the black wire alone.
      The #2 socket must be elimanated  because it a single 1156 bulb, so you must replace it with a double socket to hold a1157 bulb . I had 2 spares so I used them.This has signal wire and a black wire .You now put the original feed of the black wire to the new socket black wire. NOW CONNECT THE KITS WHITE WIRE TO SIGNAL Wire.
       THE #3 has the two wires on it  so just cut the signal wire and attach the KITS BLUE WIRE, leave the black wire. tape up the  cut signal wire as it is still live.
        The KIT has a black ground wire, I grounded that wire on a taillight  mounting screew.
       Thats it!   Now repeat on the other side.  :icon_smile_cool: :2thumbs:

oldcarnut

Please post pics of it working when your done.