News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Most over priced, new truck on the Market Today !!

Started by ACUDANUT, July 09, 2011, 09:17:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

I was blown away when I stopped at a GMC truck dealer today (only because of the 10K discount). Anyway, it was a 2011 GMC 1/2 ton 4 door truck...The advertised price was 59,500.  No kidding.  I damn near fainted..It had a extra 18K added on the MSRP for a lift kit and bigger tires/wheels...I told the saleman that if a lift kit costs 18K then I should be the next Pope.
Any other crazy Dealer Prices out there. ??

twodko

Un-freaking-real! It has always been my opinion that car sales people are only slightly above lawyers on the scale of "throw away" people. They are all truly pimples on the ass of humanity.  :Twocents:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

TK73

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Mike DC

Nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to the prices of fullsize trucks.   

xpbprox

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on July 09, 2011, 11:32:50 AM
Nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to the prices of fullsize trucks.   
True that that, and they've added about a ton and a half of weight to the trucks and all this emissions crap and these trucks get worse mpg than the old ones!

sixty8charger

It's those prices why I haven't traded in my 02 5.9 gas for a Diesel... 
Jayson

64dartgt

Everyone told me I should be able to get a "great deal" a couple of years ago when I was replacing Tundra  (I know...Japanese  :o).  The best deal I could find was on a one year old Chebbie extra cab for $23K with a cloth interior.  I ended up buying a three year old Tundra double cab limited with leather, heated seats, sunroof....etc....and 35K miles on it for $21K.  New it would have been twice that.

I really wish I didn't have to deal with snow, if so I'd be driving a new Challenger RT classic.   :popcrn:

GordonGriggs

I learned years ago that shopping really pays. Back in 1997 I was totally obsessed with buying a new dodge 3500 with a quad cab and dual rear wheels. Everyone I called told me that they were $33,000-up. Even the used one's back then were around $25,000. The last dealership I called took the time to listen to me. I told him thatI did NOT want A/C, Automatic Transmission,power window, cruise control, or a diesel engine. I just wanted a stripped down truck with a radio, and towing package.He told me a NEW 1998 truck would be $25,000. I ordered the truck, and still have it. Its only got 36,000 miles on it. All of the other dealships told me that  I could NOT get a stripped truck like that, because they ALL came from the factory fully loaded.

ACUDANUT

GordonGriggs

Quote from: ACUDANUT on July 10, 2011, 05:24:25 PM
Why would you not want A/C ??

A/C was an extra $800. Back then $800 was a lot of money to me. Also, at that time I had NEVER owned a car or truck that had working A/C so I did not know what I was missing. I drove the truck today and it was 93 outside. I was fine and have no regrets :icon_smile_cool:.