News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fuel leak confussed?

Started by 7chargers, June 28, 2011, 03:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

7chargers

I noticed a fuel leak coming from the corner of my tank so I jack the car up and crawl under. I jiggle where the sending unit goes into the tank and it moves up and down. So I'm thinking it wasnt attached correctly so I go and get a new seal, remove the sending unit and re-enstall. Tighten everything up good and go and put gas in the tank.. well its still leaking.. havent crawled under the car yet but i'm confussed. The tank is in good shape or else I would say maybe the seems are leaking.. I still think were the sending unit goes in is the culprite.. Any sugestions or ideas?? Thanks :scratchchin:

randr

years ago mine leaked from sending unit seal...pooled at seam was hard to tell were it was leaking from at that point. but was the sending unit seal for me i think i actually had to double gasket to keep it from leaking.
I'm Bored! what to do next......

7chargers

I will try that hopfully that works.. thanks

Back N Black

i used a little silicone on the seal to cure my leak.  :2thumbs:

doctor4766

Are you using the correct tool to tighten the sender unit properly?
Before I bought the right tool I thought I'd tightened mine adequately too, but at the first fill up it pissed out onto the floor at the garage and lol they shut the joint down til the mess was cleaned up.
Gotta love a '69