News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Has anybody converted or thought about converting to natural gas?

Started by Chargen69, June 27, 2011, 03:09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chargen69

I am considering switching, has anybody done that to their charger?

HPP

A number of the 4x4 guys around here do that from time to time. Their logic is that since the fuel system is closed and under pressure, it isn't susceptible to the same fuel spill problems in off camber or extreme angle driving. Overall, the conversion costs a few bucks and is ugly as sin. Mileage isn't hugely better and fill ups may be problematic if any of the propane stations familiar with gas grills and RVs want to give you grief.

Chargen69

the guy that is rebuilding my car says he is going to put a system he found on a 500hp chevelle for 1500-2000 bucks. switchable from CNG to pump gas.  pump station hooked to the house so it doesnt take all night to refuel.  he thinks the conversion from CNG to gas right now would be like 50cents a gallon.  if that were close to true, i think my charger might become my daily driver, or atleast a lot more than it would otherwise