News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 440 Ralyye Charger Fuse Box

Started by Moparbob, June 05, 2011, 09:13:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moparbob

Hi Folks,

I want to delete the stock fuse box and those crappy firewall connectors on my charger. With the 440 its very close and the plugs are corroded anyway. Im decent at wiring so it should be easy. Im also looking to "hide" all the wires outside the firewall so you dont see them. Anybody done this?? Pics?? Thanks!!
Bob Norris
www.moparbob.com

God Bless America.

Paul G

I have replaced the wire from the alternator to the fuse box and from the "battery/starter relay" to the fuse box by drilling through the bulk head conectors and running the wire through the open cavity. Those two wires are the ones that burn the conections in the bulk head conector. The others are mainly low current, except for the headlights, but they seemed to hold up over the years.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

moparguy01

I'm about to rewire my 74 charger with an ezwiring kit. Similar to painless only half the cost. But it's the whole harness

doctor4766

I already used the ez wiring harness in my Charger.
Piece of cake to do.
I did however crimp AND solder, AND put heatshrink tubing over EVERY single connection. That was the time consuming part.
I also made a small plate from aluminium to cover the hole on the firewall where the standard connector should be, painted it the same colour as the car, drilled a nice hole in that for the harness to come though, and fitted a rubber grommet to finish it off.
Comes with a nice compact little fuse box too.
Gotta love a '69

AmadeusCharger500

So Im guessing aftermarket is the preferred method of rewiring? Im just now pulling the harness off my 73's dashboard. Previous owner had cut the engine wires and respliced so Im thinkin its time for a new harness. I still taped and marked every single wire.

nascarxx29

You got choices to rewire from painless wiring and other vendors
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

randy73

I rewired w/M&H, freaking expensive and now I got a bad dash harness, after waiting almost 4 mths for the thing.