News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

steering wheel/column

Started by cactuswren, June 08, 2011, 11:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactuswren

Does anybody know of a diagram on how the steering wheel goes together on the column? I know it may seem like a dumb question, but I took it appart to restore it and now I cant figure out which order it goes back together. I'v tried many ways and none seem right. When I took it appart it seemed so simple that I didnt worry about it. A stupid mistake..

poppa

I believe (going from the engine comp side it's the plastic "bearing" ,spring ,obviously the shaft and tube,on top the "retainer" and then the two column pieces,one snap ring is under the top bearing and one goes on top of it. When putting those on put the blinker switch in and feed the wires through the bottom half ,be careful to not pinch them anywhere. You MUST check where the steering wheel mounts (splines) as there is a special spot where it will set your wheel to the 12 o'clock position. This MUST match with the sline on your steering box or your wheel will be off 180 (special spline there too). No , don't ask me how I know.  :eyes:
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

DC_1