News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

front brakes, lower control arms, sway bar. nothing working!

Started by randr, June 12, 2011, 05:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randr

ok, i have a 69 k-frame, 70 lower control arms and looks like 70 disc brake setup. so....trying to get sway bar installed and nothing works! 70 sway bar wont fit in 69 k-member! 69 sway bar 4-5" longer than mounts on 70 lower arms! installed 69 lower control arms and they hit the 70 disc brakes! LOL!!!! so i think i need 69 brake setup aswell. looking at kits they say same kit will fit 66-72 charger! WHAT!!!! sorry im rambling. HELP!  :icon_smile_big:
I'm Bored! what to do next......

ChargerST

randr

whats other option? i have 69 lower control arms ready to install. what do i need for brakes? 69 spindles and brakes?

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

HPP

To fit the 70 bar to the 69 frame, you could use a hole saw to create a pass through in the middle of the frame where the divider prevents the bar from passing though.

When using the 69 bar and it hits the brakes, are you refering to it hitting the rotor or the calipers? If it hits the calipers, you can swap spindles from side to side, which moves the caliper to the rear and provides sway bar clearence. However, this will alos require either a) relocating the hard barke line back or b) using longer flexible brake lines.

randr

thought about swapping sides! or should i purchase 69 front brake kit on ebay for 400 bucks? but it says fits 70 also!? :shruggy:

HPP

All the calipers mounting layouts interchange through all the years up until the mid 80s, so yeah, they all will bolt up so long as you use pin brackets with pin calipers and slider brackets with slider calieprs. Swapping spindles from side to side is how you alter the caliper location from front to rear. Mopar disc spindles are symetrical that way.

randr