News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So I went down to the dealership yesterday to give the 2011 it's due.........

Started by UH60L, June 06, 2011, 01:21:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UH60L

As I have stated before, I think the 2011 is a good step in the right direction.  So my wife and I, having nothing better to do on our first 80+ degree  day this year in Salem Oregon, swung by the local Dodge dealerhip to see the changes in person.

The changes do look good, but just as I had already decided, the front still just isn't right, and then of course whole door thing.  So then we started comparing the 2011 "charger" and the 2011 challenger as they have several of each lined up along the road.  (at one point the salesman just gave up and walked back inside...)

Five hours later, and after alot of talking and negotiating, be damned if my wife and I didn't break down and buy......

a 2011 Challenger R/T, Blackberry Pearl, 5.7, 5 speed auto, super track pack, exterier appearance package, EI EI OHHHH!  OH MY!!!!

I have to say, next to my '69 charger, it's the most fun to drive car I have ever owned.  It get's almost as many looks too.

Now, if they came out with a retro 2 door charger next year, I'd trade this baby in in a heart beat.  My feelings regarding the 2006 to 2011 sedan have not changed, and I let the dealership know that.  (they still get alot of feedback concerning the number of doors as well as the front grill, from what the salesman said).

But now I have something to park next to the '69 charger at car shows that I won't be ashamed of.   :-)

UH60L

P.S.:  No the scoop is not functional, but I may fix that in the future.  I'm also considering changing out the black side stripes for white "classic package" stripes.  I think it would offset the color better.  Might have to look at it in photoshop first and see how it looks.    :coolgleamA:

doctor4766

That looks horn man.
Love to get one myself, but by the time they do the mandatory RHD conversion they're asking inxs of 100k in Oz :(
Gotta love a '69

UH60L

Man, over $100K, that sucks.

We really were not going to get one, because even at $43,000 and change it seemed steep to us.  But, they gave us more for our trade in than it was worth, plus a $1000 cash back.  By the time it was all over, we got it down to $37,000 and change, and the payment under $500.00 a month.

I have to say, they really worked with us to sell the car,  unlike some previous dealings where dealerships flat out told us there was no way they could get the payment where we wanted it.

We almost bought the same package in red, but it had the stick shift, and my wife can't drive with a clutch, (she just can't figure out the whole "shifting gears" thing, hehe).

doctor4766

Maybe I'll hire one if I ever do my trip to the States.
Congrats mate.
Gotta love a '69

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Kern Dog

Nice pick. Hey... Don't be embarrassed to admit that the new car is more fun to drive than the classic. I'd certainly hope that 40+ years of development has to amount to something.

UH60L

While I certainly love driving the new Challenger, the one thing it will never have that my '69 Charger does, is the history.  Even if everything anyone ever said about '69 chargers was overstated, or just plain wrong, the fact is, it's still got a cool factor that a new car just can't match.  (well, not yet anyway, perhaps in the future, depending on what Dodge does next...)  

Plus, he '69 sort of generates it's own following as you drive down the road.  People ask what year it is, or if it's for sale, or if I want to buy a 440 for it etc. etc. etc..  Driving 2 miles to 7/11 can end up being a 2 hour discussion about old cars.

The new Challenger is, in my opinion, as close as you can get to the experience of driving a '60s/'70s era muscle car without actually owning one.

As cool as it is, the new challenger doesn't have the rumble that my 440 puts out through dual flowmaster 40s.  In fact, that was the first thing a guy at work noticed today, was that it wasn't loud enough!   :yesnod:

The first night we got it, we stopped by the tail end of one of the local cruise-ins.  There were still about 40 cars their.  We were the only modern car, and although a couple people checked out our new Challenger, most kind of gave us the "why are you here" look.  Of course, we were also one of only 3 or 4 mopars, so I guess the chebby guys were just jealous!  :icon_smile_big:

67440chrg

It looks like you have done good. It looks great! My wife does not favor any one brand she keeps saying she wants either a 55 chevy or a new challenger so i have convenced her to get a challenger. We just need to sell the house we have ben trying to for about a year. Im parshel to orange stripes on them my self but yours looks real good the way it is.

UH60L

Yeah, we were thinking about putting the classic package white stripes on it instead, just because the black ones are hard to see unless it's really bright outside, and we figured it might contrast the dark blue better, but we'll have to see.  We even thought about grey stripes.  The back ones might grow on me though.

I will have to look at pics online and or photoshop the stripes to get an idea how it would look.  (and of course, it all takes more money).   The stripes, hood scoop and spoiler are all from the factory as the "mopar exterior appearance package".

Charger_Dart

Real nice choice. I would love to have one, and the wife would too -  but she wants it in a convertible. maybe someday.....  :shruggy:
68 Charger R/T & 68 Dart GT Convertible

RIDELIKEHELL

I had a chance to buy a 2008 Challenger SRT8 here in Canada....It was one of the 1st 500 models available but I decided against it. It was a rocket with the 6.1 :icon_smile_big:

BTW Nice purchase!
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Chatt69chgr

I've had my 2009 Hemi Orange R/T 6-speed Challenger since April 2009.  No matter where I go, someone follows me.  And I still get lots of looks and questions.  Really looking forward to the day I get the 69 on the road.

As far as the new Charger, I am seriously thinking about one for the wife.  She demands 4-doors.  I didn't like it until they did the 2011 upgrade but now it's growing on me--------and I don't want to waste money on a crossover SUV that she has mentioned.  I'm thinking that with the Road and Track package, it would make a nice interstate cruiser while still taking care of her every day requirements. 

FrnkNsteen

Well UH60..... Looks like we have some things in common. I have a 2010 Plum Crazy Challenger, and have recently started the rebuild on the '69 Charger SE I've been hanging onto for years. Enjoy the new car!! We've had ours for a little over a year now, and still enjoy it as much as when we got it.

When you get a chance..... check out Challengerforumz.com. Good bunch of guys, just like here, that are very helpful in learning about your new purchase. I hop back and forth between here and there, depending on which car I am thinking of.

Congrats again on the new toy!!

1969 Charger SE (Just starting the restoration)
1967 Barracuda Notchback

TUFCAT

AWESOME!!!  I wish I had a way to put one in my garage! It's on the wish list for now. :2thumbs:  Enjoy the hell out of it! :icon_smile_wink: