News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Verify Info on AAR Cuda

Started by 68X426, May 29, 2011, 10:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68X426

The show I was at Saturday had an interesting chap with a '72 Cuda. He said he bought it from the first owner, it was original but for a roll cage and seats being added.

It has a 383. So can somebody verify - I thought AAR Cudas were only in 1970 and only with 340 6 packs. Not trying to cause no trouble, I doubt I'll ever see the car again, but this doesn't seem right to me.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Alaskan_TA

Verified and......

no 383 in the '72 models.

hemi-hampton

TheAutoArchaeologist

Yup, just about everything he told you wasn't true.

But you were right, AAR Cuda's were a 70 only option, and only came with 340 6-bbl.

Ghoste

I see a "for sale" sign on the dash.  What do 383 powered 72 AAR's go for these days?

69 OUR/TEA

I F'ing can't stand people like that!!!!!!!!  :slap:

Ghoste

He may very well not know but if he is the second owner, one of the two has certainly created a big line of crap.

djcarguy

FACTORY YES ,,,BATTERY IN TRUNK AND JUMMPER POST REAR VALENCE,,,,,,,, SLOT MAGS .....WRONG HOOD AND TAIL LIGHTS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,YES TOTALLY ALL FACTURY ORIGINAL FOR A 72 AAR CUDA ,,,THAT WAS NEVER MADE BY ANY FACTORY,EXCEPT BOLD FACE LIE TO YOU FACTURY....................INTERESTING AND I'D DRIVE IT

elacruze

I always wonder how anybody with enough money to own a car with a paint job can be so ignorant about what they own...or are they really so arrogant they DO know and think nobody else will?
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

Troy

You will see a lot of the later (72-74) Cudas with the AAR stripes and hood just because they look cool. None were made that way from the factory though. I don't believe that color was available in 1972 and neither was the 383. All AARs would have had a side exit exhaust and a blacked out grill. That car has a 73-74 rear bumper (see the "filler"?) and the front bumper is painted. It could be that the guy was just messing with you because you were at a Chevy show. ;)

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

68X426

Quote from: Ghoste on May 30, 2011, 03:42:04 AM
I see a "for sale" sign on the dash.  What do 383 powered 72 AAR's go for these days?

His price is $26,000. I didn't ask for more details. He was more than a little "out there", I'm not sure he knew what he had, and didn't have. He may not have known what time zone he was in either.  :lol:

Thanks for all the input guys. :2thumbs:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow