News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Installing TurboAction Cheetah Pro Street Manual/auto

Started by hemi68charger, May 25, 2011, 01:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey gang.
I'm looking to get the TurboAction Cheetah Pro Street Manual/Automatic valvebody for the Daytona. It's been a while since I installed one, but had a question about other modifications to the 727. I know the installation of the valvebody itself is pretty straight forward, but what else is recommended? Do I remove the servo spring? Replace with a straight rod? etc... I remember doing something a long time ago, on a 727 I had in my '70 Charger R/T, but can't remember. I'll be adjusting the bands and installing a new mopar deep fluid pan kit as well.
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

John_Kunkel

Remove the accumulator spring only if you're gonna install a blocker rod, otherwise leave it in. Blocking the accumulator will make the 1-2 upshift pretty harsh.

If the valve body has low band apply you might think about a HD rear servo spring and billet spring retainer.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.