News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Six Pack outboard metering plate part number?

Started by b5blue, June 18, 2011, 09:18:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

HELP PLEASE!
  In reworking my outboards I've found one of my metering plates is slightly bowed. (This after finding their backing plates missing from last rebuild) I guess they were stuck together badly some time in the last 40 years and had to be pried off. I've tried to find the part number online with no luck.
  The setup is a 70 440 (for automatic) off a GTX/Roadrunner and my engine build is so mild (9.5 to 1 with "Resto" M.P. cam, stock 346 heads w H.P. exh. manifolds) I don't think I need the Quick Fuel changeable jetting ones, stock should do just fine.
   Anyone got the correct part number or a pair for sale? (May as well replace both with new.) I found some listed for Mopar Six Pack on eBay but mine look different, mine are rectangular and these had a more angled or rounded off bottom that would miss a hole in each corner of the throttle body? (For a 340 maybe?)
   Thanks for any help...I'm bummed out, the backing plates came in yesterday and I was ready to reassemble everything by 8 AM this morning and start having some fun! 

John_Kunkel

Most plates have the part number cast in...example, 34RxxxxB
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

b5blue

Thanks John, 34R 5113 B with 6180 stamped in it. I did find out it's a very "early" 70 as Larry Shepard's book shows 69 for the "4 sided" metering block. I may just go with the Quick Fuel units they seem to have a good reputation and would give me options. (My head is starting to hurt from searching!)  :lol:

Budnicks

I use the Pro Max billet version of the adjustable units high quality about the same price.......
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

62 Max

The correct 70 plates are stamped #34 front,#35 rear.Auto or manual makes no difference.I have a bunch if you need one.

maxwellwedge

Outboard carbs -  metering plate pic.

62 Max

Plate differences.

maxwellwedge

AHHHH - So the Chrysler pic was for an A12. Good to know. Are they interchangeable? Metering sizes aside?

b5blue

That is it, part #65.  34R 5113B cast on the top. PM sent to 62 Max (Thanks!)
 My Quick Fuel metering plates came in today and have a .039 idle restriction, this would need changing to .029 to be correct per Larry Shepard's book "The Mopar SIX-PACK ENGINE BOOK". The included instructions say they can be changed out by ordering the size needed and using a .050 Allen wrench, it also said NOT to use the metering plate backing plate, (That I don't like, the throttle body has a large gap cast in it right in the center where a power valve would sit if it were used.) this plate missing was the root of my earlier problem, getting fuel bowl height up high enough. (Along with some other issues!)  The bent metering block, missing backing plates, dried out fuel bowl needle tips and idle mixture screw "gaskets" (Tiny cork and rubber "tube like" thingies.) had me chasing my tail on settings.
My build is so stock I doubt I need the adjustable metering plates, I ordered them when I found my plates were discontinued. This poor six pack had so many odd little problems I'm amazed I kept it running as long and well as I did.... :2thumbs: I intend on creating a topic on what I've learned/found as soon as I can get reasonably done to proof out what's learned.   :2thumbs:

b5blue

Not from what I see. The "6 sided" metering plate would leave two holes uncovered on my outboards throttle body. The gaskets are different also. I met the guy who owned my six pack in the past, he swore it was an auto. 70 GTX, very early production. I have all 3 off the car if anyone wants any numbers off it.