News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what do your kids think...........?

Started by Mrs.Caveman, May 08, 2011, 07:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtx6970

My youngest ( she's 11 ) likes them ,,,a lot.

My oldest ( shes 14 ) could go either way I think.

I did a test drive last friday in the roadrunner and picked my youngest up from school in it and it made here week in a big way.Not to mention all the dads wanted to know more about it.

Now I have to push and get the green cuda done so I can pick her up from school on the last day in it.

41husk

My kids are grown 26 and 29, my son doesn't get it.  He has never been a car guy.  My daughter likes the cars shiney aspect and thats about it.  The neighbor kids get a kick out of them and love it when I take them out of the garage.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

FlatbackFanatic

My son (he's 24) thinks cars are just to get from pointA to point B. And thats it. (where did I go wrong?). Now my daughter on the other hand is a motorhead!! (she's 18) and just getting her D.L., she loves my Charger, and goes to all the shows with me, and even sometimes helps in the garage. Her favorite is the Superbird and 71 Cudas. She wants one of either one of them. ( I told her to start saving) :lol:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

even_u

My 7 year old doesnt like as he cant hear music in my '68.

My 5 year old love to ride in the "loud car". She's instructed all the kids in the kindergarden to put finger in their ears when I roll up in front of the gate to pick her up

Kern Dog

I have no kids, but I DO have nephews. They have zero interest in the car. I really don't know what will happen to my cars after I'm dust.  Kinda sad.
One day while leaving 7-11, a 14 or 15 year old lid saw me getting in the car...
Kid:  Hey, is that a 440 MAGNUM?
Me:  Yeah..
Kid: Fu** Yeah!
That was pretty funny.

cavemanno1

isn't it interesting that you guy's daughters are more interested in cars then your boys :scratchchin:
I'm 32 but can't think a better way to be cool for a 18-20 old guy to pick up girls!if my dad had a mopar when i was 18-20,would have stolen it at night take it out even if i would get into trouble!Veronika's daughter wants to see her "new sister NINA,our charger"every day and keep asking us when she can drive her finally!
funny,she plays with flying ponies or whatever 9year old girls play with but when we say let's go see NINA she drops everything and the first one standing at the door waiting for us,well for Veronika :icon_smile_big:

Ranman69SE

Well, my response won't be about my Charger as it is not quite on the road yet.  But when my oldest was about 8 years old, I brought out my GTO on a nice day and drove it to her bus stop with the top down.  Upon exiting the bus and seeing me with the car, she got a fearful look on her face and refused to get in the car.  I didn't want to upset her, so we walked home and I later walked back to retrieve the car.  The next day at school, some boys approached her and asked about the cool car that her dad was driving yesterday.  That seemed to change her mind about it and ever since, she actually likes it.
      Fast forward 7 years.  She is one month away from getting her license, and is not so excited about driving the Goat (it's a 4-speed), but she can't wait until I get the Charger rolling.  I get questions like "Will the Charger have more power than the GTO?" and I say "Oh yeah!".    Now I'm the one who is nervous!

'69 Charger SE 493
'65 Pontiac GTO 6.5 Liter Tripower 4-spd convertible
'78 Ford F250 4x4 SuperCab 460
'85 Yamaha FJ1100
'91 Yamaha FJ1200

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: cavemanno1 on May 10, 2011, 01:44:34 AM
isn't it interesting that you guy's daughters are more interested in cars then your boys :scratchchin:

I was thinking the same, average and with some exceptions, it looks to be in that way

Quote from: Ranman69SE on May 10, 2011, 08:52:16 AM
The next day at school, some boys approached her and asked about the cool car that her dad was driving yesterday.  That seemed to change her mind about it and ever since, she actually likes it.

How importants is to be popular HUH?!
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Plum Crazy 68

"Bo and Luke" think they are going to get "Mom's" Charger.  They are sadly mistaken because the wife says she is going to be buried in it!  She never let her brothers drive it and the one time she let a family friend drive it it was stolen for 2 years.  Kids love it and want a car to work on soon.

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Tilar

Quote from: Ranman69SE on May 10, 2011, 08:52:16 AM
      Well, my response won't be about my Charger as it is not quite on the road yet. but when my oldest was about 8 years old, I brought out my GTO on a nice day and drove it to her bus stop with the top down.  Upon exiting the bus and seeing me with the car, she got a fearful look on her face and refused to get in the car.

I cant believe you would put your daughter through that. I think you should bring that nasty old goat over to my place. I have a nice farm with lots of pasture... I'd also make sure it got lots of exercise!  :D
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

67440chrg

My son is 19 and has moved out.He never cared about my car. My 7 yr old girl thinks it is OK as long as there is icecream or something at the end of the ride. My 9 yr old girl rides to every show and cruise and loves the car but wont admit it. She has a Corvette shirt and chair she takes to every event. She allways has a huge smile when I let her walk up to get our awards at shows.

68RT4ME

Quote from: 41husk on May 09, 2011, 02:24:49 PM
My kids are grown 26 and 29, my son doesn't get it.  He has never been a car guy.  My daughter likes the cars shiny aspect and that's about it.  The neighbor kids get a kick out of them and love it when I take them out of the garage.

My son is almost 21 now and also NOT a car guy. When I got the '71 back in '06, he was 16 and he came over for the weekend (Lived with his mom back then, College Boy now) You'd think a 16 year old would be thrilled by what came next right?......WRONG! I had him stand outside in front of the garage. I had recorded the opening theme to "2001- A Space Odyssey" and started the disk nice and loud as I slowly opened the garage door all the while revving up the car from inside and then slowly pulling it outta the garage as the music came to it's end. I know, I know, dorky right? Well he thought so too and just stood there with his arms crossed. With a straight face he simply said "Nice Dad"  :eyes: and walk slowly passed the car looking at it and just walked back into the house while I'm standing there waving toward the car like the girl from "The Price Is Right" game show saying "Ahhhhh Oooooo Ohhhhh!

Yeah, I felt stupid  :brickwall: then promptly did a burnout in the driveway because I COULD!!!  :rofl:
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

Hissing Cobra

Well, my Charger has been gone for over 20 years but I now have a '79 Mustang Cobra that I've owned for the past 10 years. It's a street, strip, and show car that I take out as much as possible and both of my daughter's like it to a point but neither has any interest in working on it or going to the car shows. Their friends all love it though and always ask them about it.
1969 Dodge Charger 318/automatic - Gone and sorely missed.

1979 Mustang Cobra
Street, Strip, Show
306/T-5/4.30's
12.38 @ 111
August 2005 Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine Feature Car
April 2007 Modified Mustangs Magazine Feature Car

1989 Mustang LX
Stock Daily Driver
302/T-5/3.73's
14.66 @ 96

six-tee-nine

Well, I cant tell right now, since my kids are 2.5 years old and 10 months right now, and they are ridiculously time consuming, but I hope to get a helping hand in the future when wrenching.....
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

suntech

My daughter is maybe to old to count, as she is 21...... but she loves the charger, and cant wait till it is back on the road so she can do donuts again :2thumbs: she races boat and dirttrack car, plays Pink Floyd and AC/DC, has to change tires every 3rd month on her car, and has her own downpayment account for speed / traffic violation tickets........so i guess she is just a female young version of .........  :scratchchin: me!!
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

Drache

I was over at a long time friends place with my dart and he has three kids. 2 year old boy, 3 year old boy, and 4 year old girl.

Anyways the the 2 year old didn't really notice it that much.

I had just driven into the driveway and was told by my friends wife that he was over at walmart getting the company vehicle's tires changed. She was going to take the three kids in their SUV over there to meet him and invited me along. I told her I'd take the Dart over instead of riding with her and the kids.

The 3 year old came out the door and went right past the SUV and started tugging on the door handle of the dart. It was hilarious, he just wouldn't stop, he wanted in the Dart. I would have taken him in the Dart except I don't have any seat belts in the back seat for his booster seat.

The 4 year old girl I have say "mopar or no car" and she just can't stop looking at Uncle Kyle's Dart. She'll stand at the window looking at the Dart in the driveway for 10 minutes at a time.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

fireguyfire

My daughter is 14 and thinks my cars are pretty cool; likes to ride in them.
My 10 year old son absolutely loves them, and already only likes old cars; none of that "new stuff". He loves Bullitt, DMCL and all movies with Chargers in them (that he is allowed to watch).I think he just assumes he will be driving one of them when he turns 16. That is why I have already headed him off and bought a really good project 69 sweptline Adventurer pickup for us to fix up for him for when he turns 16. In another couple of years we will have to get started on that one!
'66 Coronet 500
'68 Charger
'69 Sweptline Adventurer pickup
'56 Dodge Regent

74Rallye

I've got 3 little ones and I'm guessing the boy will be the one that totals my Charger. At least I'll have the car another 14 or 15 years before he's driving. I really hope my Dad lives long enough to see it. I think he's still a little miffed from when I totaled his Impala before I got my licence.

70charginglizard

Im pretty sure my daughter wants the car and would be into driving it around but thats where it ends. She sees me out tinkering with it but never wants to help and join it. Typical mamas girl that way I supose. She'll help out if I ask but doesnt have the car bug like I do and makes her own effort to get involves. Oh well. I dont hold it against her. To each there own.  :2thumbs:
70charginglizard

Paladin

My two sons grew up around old cars, same as I did too many years ago to think about.  My dad was mainly a Ford man, but I caught the Mopar bug early on and I have had a bunch of nice ones I wished I had back.  

But nearly 15 years ago, I located something I had always wanted.  It was a '71 Charger R/T; 440 Mag, auto, power steering, power brakes and AC.  I had to sell a very nice 455 Trans Am and a boat tail Riv to get it, but I had wanted one since they were new and this one fit the bill.  

My sons were very young at the time.  They grew up working on cars with me; everything from engine and drivetrain to suspension, brakes, interior, body work, paint and many other projects.  You name it, they pretty much did it.  We worked our way through a lot of projects, but their favorite was always that '71 R/T.  They were both valedictorians of their respective high school classes, and both of them wheeled up to the prom in that red Charger.  They also bought and built their own cars; Dad never gave them a dime to do so.  Everything they got; they earned themselves.

They were both accepted to Annapolis, and both of them are doing quite well in their Mechanical Engineering Majors.  The older one will be commissioned as a second lieutenant in the Marine Corps later this month, and will then attend graduate school studying Aerospace Engineering.  Following graduate school, he will attend flight school and fly for the Marines.  

The younger one is old Mopar to the core; he has never owned anything other.  He cleaned out his savings account to buy a very straight '71 SE with a 383 Magnum.  It needed lots of TLC, but the body was rust free and the car had never really been hurt.  Like he said, there is nothing that can be done to his SE that he has not already helped with on the R/T.   This fall semester he will be allowed to have a car up there.  We will be driving his Charger from West Texas to Annapolis, and I have no qualms whatsoever in doing so.  

With the grace of a benevolent God and the finest mother two sons could ever have, I think they will "do to ride the river with".  I also think that '71 R/T had a small hand in their raising, also.

May God bless America,

Paladin

1966 Ford Thunderbird Town Landau
1971 Dodge Charger R/T
1977 Chrysler Cordoba A35
1979 Dodge Lil' Red Express
1985 Chevrolet Corvette
1985 Dodge Ramcharger
1986 Chevrolet Corvette Roadster
1994 Lincoln Mark VIII
1998 Dodge Sport 2500 V10   
2001 Dodge Durango SLT

Bob T

Nice to read your accounts of happenings past and present Paladin, you always have a courteous manner in your writings and viewpoint. 
Good on your sons for doing their bit for their country.
Exceptional looking R/T by the way, perhaps a few more pics of it and the SE somewhere if you could. Thanks Bob T
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Paladin

Bob T,

Thank you for the kind words, they are appreciated.  

Here is a photograph of the SE from summer of last year.  It was taken right before my younger son finished up his leave and headed back for Annapolis.  He also made some progress on it over the Christmas holidays.  As I said before, his plan is to drive it all the way to Annapolis with me riding shotgun.  

May God bless America,
Paladin
1966 Ford Thunderbird Town Landau
1971 Dodge Charger R/T
1977 Chrysler Cordoba A35
1979 Dodge Lil' Red Express
1985 Chevrolet Corvette
1985 Dodge Ramcharger
1986 Chevrolet Corvette Roadster
1994 Lincoln Mark VIII
1998 Dodge Sport 2500 V10   
2001 Dodge Durango SLT