News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

interior trim painting

Started by randy73, May 10, 2011, 12:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randy73

Should I put clear coat over the interior paint to make them more scratch resistant or is there something else I could do?

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

bobs66440

I'm not sure if the available clears will adhere to the interior paint and/or have the correct gloss (or lack thereof). If applied correctly, the interior paint should bite in pretty good. Are you painting plastic or vinyl?

randy73

All the metal pieces, Dash, steering column and pedals.

Dino

Quote from: randy73 on May 13, 2011, 11:57:12 AM
All the metal pieces, Dash, steering column and pedals.

If the paint you used is a base coat then yes you have to top it off with clear to protect it.  You can use any high, semi or non gloss depending on the look you are after.

If the paint is an acrylic like most spray cans, then you do not have to top it off.  If the paint is already gloss you can leave it as is.  You can also scuff the paint and cover it with clear to change the sheen. 

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

BananaDan

I used SEM's Trim Black on all of my metal interior pieces, no clear coat.

Dan
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein