News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Volare disc brakes

Started by Highbanked Hauler, August 15, 2011, 06:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highbanked Hauler

Does anyone still use them and if so can you swap the spindles side to side to put the calipers in the rear instead of the front to avoid hitting the sway bar??   Thanks
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

HPP

Use them all the time. Yes, they are symetrical and can be swapped side to side.

bull

Sure. :2thumbs: There used to be some squabbling about the spindle height being different than stock which changed the geometry of the the steering which allegedly/potentially could cause problems with oversteer and whatnot. But many people ignored the warnings and to my knowledge none of them have died or even experienced anything in the way of dangerous steering issues, so the arguing has pretty much stopped. IMO it's a good, inexpensive swap. :Twocents:

Highbanked Hauler

Thanks Gang, :cheers:

I saved a set off a 77 Volare that got scrapped  last century  and figure they'd be a good replacement for the rotted out 10 in. drums on the front of the 68 I am building...  I see this subject has been discussed  at length by minds in the know.  Al
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser