News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Do vinyl top cars use different rear window trim?

Started by NGC414, May 13, 2011, 07:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NGC414

I installed a vinyl top on my car, it was originally a non vinyl top car.
I just installed the rear window and the top sides and bottom trim fits, but the lower corners don't fit correct with the vinyl top trim. I wonder if it requires a different style rear window lower corners? Will get pics posted asap

ACUDANUT

Charger-Bodie

Something is off with the vt trim. Too long,or missplaced?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

A383Wing

I think it's mounted in the wrong place...almost like the front piece that it's connected to is mounted wrong first

terrible one

Because the car didn't originally come with vinyl, is there a chance that the location of he holes you drilled was a bit off, causing the trim to come up too far like that?

AKcharger

did you remove the window? did you have a repairs to the lip? if the bead of sealent is too tall this can/does happen

if the window never came out  :ahum:

Just 6T9 CHGR

I originally had this problem when I first painted my car....I purchased the car with the rear glass already installed & the trim clips in place.

had the vinyl top installed after paint and since the clips & glass were already installed, they cut the vinyl around the clips (instead of screwing the clips into the vinyl)

Turns out the WRONG rear trim clips were used, pushing the trim further out of the rear window channel causing the "check mark" moldings to bent/butt up to the lower corners.

Sooo...all I really wanted to do was get a new piece of rear glass for my car....that turned into a new vinyl top as well  :brickwall:  can you say snowball!!!

If you look at your rear glass trim right now, is it pretty much flush with the top of the roof?  If so the wrong clips were used OR the glass is set too high off the pinch weld.   the rear trim should be "sunk in" from the top of the roof edge almost 1/8" to make the check mark moldings sit even with the lower corners...
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!