News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Visited a local Mopar guy

Started by TheGhost, December 26, 2005, 09:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGhost

Post taken down, because I must have missed a license plate, and a few people tracked the guy down.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

TheGhost

Hold on, technical difficulties, I'll have to redo the links. ::)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Afflyer

Yes- please re-do!  I want to see pics!!!!
:devil:
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

TheGhost

Shakey

Tell us more about this guy!  Who is he?  How do you know him?  What does he do for a living?  How did he start his collection?  Where does he get his cars?

That type of info is just as good as photos!

TheGhost

Quote from: Shakey on December 26, 2005, 10:15:04 PM
Tell us more about this guy!  Who is he?  How do you know him?  What does he do for a living?  How did he start his collection?  Where does he get his cars?

That type of info is just as good as photos!

He is a local guy.  I don't want to publish his name, because, he has lots of cars sitting outside, and it would be very easy for someone to just show up one night with a trailer, and walk off with a couple.

He bought my Dart, that is how I know him.

Didn't ask what he did for a living, I was there to talk about cars, and view his collection, not talk about his personal life.

He started his collection on the Barracudas and the Shelby's, because that is what he drove.  When he came across a fair deal on one, he bought it.  The others he bought, because he loves Plymouth Muscle.

He gets his cars from junkyards, and private sellers.  Most are just parts cars, but a few are restoration projects.

nh_mopar_fan

TheGhost

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on December 26, 2005, 10:34:33 PM
That 78 looks like a T-top car.....

It is.  It's part of the SunRunner package, which was the T tops, the stripe, and the interior, which has the yellow/orange/red striping on the seats.

69_500

Nothing to be ashamed of there in that collection. Anyone who has a wing car certainly can appreciate a fine automobile. Was the Superbird a 4 speed car?

TruckDriver

Quote from: Ghost on December 26, 2005, 10:37:33 PM

It is.   It's part of the SunRunner package, which was the T tops, the stripe, and the interior, which has the yellow/orange/red striping on the seats.

That interiour on Aspens was called a "Spectrum Interiour". In Dodges, it was rare, only 628 of all '78 Aspens got them. My R/T had it and am mad I sold it. Being that is a T top car with that interiour, I bet that is a rare car. Aspens only had if I remember right 65 made like that. I'd love to get my hands on the Roadrunner!  :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

RT DAVE

I imagine nothing's ever "for sale" until he's dead, right?   
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on December 27, 2005, 09:39:21 AM
Quote from: Ghost on December 26, 2005, 10:37:33 PM

It is.  It's part of the SunRunner package, which was the T tops, the stripe, and the interior, which has the yellow/orange/red striping on the seats.

That interiour on Aspens was called a "Spectrum Interiour". In Dodges, it was rare, only 628 of all '78 Aspens got them. My R/T had it and am mad I sold it. Being that is a T top car with that interiour, I bet that is a rare car. Aspens only had if I remember right 65 made like that. I'd love to get my hands on the Roadrunner!  :yesnod:

Never reallt cared for that interior. I'd like to get my 78 Super Coupe, with T-tops, back....

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

greenpigs

That's neato purple, I would be nice and not tell anyone where he lived either, ya just might have made a friend and no need to tell anyone more than they need to know.

You wanna join Charged gang? Charged, Mojo and me(I think)are in..we could use a cowboy...ala The Warriors!

CAN YOU DIG IT!!

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

RD

nice shots, thanks for the pics.  41husk was looking for a rampage a while back, you might want to see if that guy is getting rid of any, I know 41husk may be interested.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

TheGhost

Quote from: RT DAVE on December 27, 2005, 11:08:01 AM
I imagine nothing's ever "for sale" until he's dead, right?   

Some are probably for sale.  Just not any of the finished cars.  Or the 68 S ragtop.  Or the Sassy Grass Runner, or FC7 GTX.  I didn't ask if he was selling any cars, since I have no room, nor am I able to afford another car right now.

69_500, I never thought to check the trans on the Bird.  I do know it's a 440-4.

TheGhost

Quote from: greenpigs on December 27, 2005, 02:39:55 PMYou wanna join Charged gang? Charged, Mojo and me(I think)are in..we could use a cowboy...ala The Warriors!

CAN YOU DIG IT!![/color][/b]

What the hell are you talking about? ???

greenpigs

QuoteWhat the hell are you talking about?

See my avatar- it is from the video game of the movie The Warriors They had a character named cowboy, remember the cowboy hat you use to have in your sig pic?
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

BigBlackDodge

Warrriors........................come out an playayayaaaaaa........ :P

BBD

hemihead

I don't think I would want to be a cowboy with Brokeback Mountain in the theaters.    :rotz:
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

TK73

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

TheGhost

Sorry guys, I must have missed one of the license plates on a parts car, and a few people got the guys phone number.  He called me a couple days ago, and asked me to take the posts down.