News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Originals

Started by Drache, April 28, 2011, 06:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

A little background is in order.

I was in a Diner talking to my dad about the Dukes of Hazzard movie, the one with Johhny Knoxville, Sean Williams Scot, and Jessica Simpson. I mentioned how I was saddened when the movie came out becuase it just didn't have the same tone as the show. They made the movie too funny and stupid.

Some guy about my age on the next table over asked me what I meant by the Dukes of Hazzard TV show and if it was just released. I told him it was on before our time and he tried arguing with me that I must be mistaken because the movie was the was the first Dukes of Hazzard. Finally I gave up when my food arrived.

But it's happened with other things. I was listening to Paint It Black by the Rolling Stones and some punk commented that whomever was singing that song ruined it. When I asked him what he meant he commented that it was nothing like what the band GOB originally did it. He wanted to argue that GOB wrote the song. I told him to look it up on Google and walked away.

I will admit that there are many songs that I never realized were written by other bands but I never argued the point when someone mentioned that another band was the original.

end rant  :icon_smile_big:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Brock Samson

i feel you,.. this comes up more and more as i'm aging, even around here where some folks post stuff they are finding for the first time and I remember from five years ago... like the you tube Bullet videos...
I gave a ride to a 20 something gal Tues. night and she asked "What kind of car is this?" I said  "Chrysler 300" she gave me that looooong silent blank look that said she had absolutly no idea what I was talking about.   :shruggy: she looks a lot like the girl in my signature too...   :lol:

Drache

I must say, Im VERY thankful no one has tried arguing that there was never any Chargers before 2006 :D
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Khyron

bah, Drache I feel your pain. Before you know it we'll be on a rocker on our porch yelling at those darn keeps to keep away from our fence ;-)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

nh_mopar_fan

You mean Paul McCartney was in a band BEFORE Wings?

Bobby41909

Quote from: Brock Samson on April 28, 2011, 06:50:05 PM
  I gave a ride to a 20 something gal Tues. night ..... she looks a lot like the girl in my signature too...   :lol:

Front seat  :angel:  or BACK SEAT?:2thumbs: :drool5: :smilielol:

Drache

Quote from: Khyron on April 28, 2011, 07:18:12 PM
bah, Drache I feel your pain. Before you know it we'll be on a rocker on our porch yelling at those darn keeps to keep away from our fence ;-)

Does being in a range war count?  :nana:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Old Moparz

I gave a ride to a 20 something gal Tues. night and she asked "What kind of car is this?" I said  "Chrysler 300" she gave me that looooong silent blank look that said she had absolutly no idea what I was talking about.   :shruggy: she looks a lot like the girl in my signature too...   :lol:

This post needs it's own thread with photos.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Mike DC

My favorite uninformed comment about the DOH movie was, "That's so cool, they named Jessica Simpson's character after the cutoff shorts she was wearing!"

Brock Samson

Quote from: Old Moparz on April 28, 2011, 08:52:49 PM
I gave a ride to a 20 something gal Tues. night and she asked "What kind of car is this?" I said  "Chrysler 300" she gave me that looooong silent blank look that said she had absolutly no idea what I was talking about.   :shruggy: she looks a lot like the girl in my signature too...   :lol:

This post needs it's own thread with photos.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Bobby41909 on April 28, 2011, 07:39:36 PM
  I gave a ride to a 20 something gal Tues. night ..... she looks a lot like the girl in my signature too...   :lol:

Front seat  :angel:  or BACK SEAT?:2thumbs: :drool5: :smilielol:

Buddy seat!   :2thumbs:  :rofl:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.