News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Marin Cheese Factory Sold

Started by twodko, April 27, 2011, 10:52:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twodko

Sold to a French cheese maker. The founder/owner recently died.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Brock Samson

Thanks!
PETALUMA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Marin French Cheese Company and Rians today announced they have entered into a final agreement in which the 146-year-old California cheese company will be acquired by Rians, a family-owned French cheese company. The purchase agreement is subject to customary closing conditions and the transaction is expected to be completed in May 2011.

"Marin French's cheese making know-how, care of the employees, preservation of the terroir and consideration for the generations of people who love to visit 'the Cheese Factory' will be in good hands with Rians"
Jim Boyce, owner of Marin French Cheese since 1998, had considered a business alliance prior to his untimely death in September 2010. He had met with potential partners, domestic and foreign cheese producers, during the past few years searching for the perfect match to continue the spirit and philosophy of Marin French he developed during his ownership. Kris Otis, Boyce's wife, continued Jim's search along with the company's board of directors, carefully reviewing options prior to making this final decision. "Jim met several years ago with Hugues Triballat to forge this partnership," says Ms. Otis. "The Board and I feel that Rians understands and will preserve Jim's vision."

Details of the acquisition include completion of expansion plans for the cheese plant and aging facilities; ongoing support of community projects; stewardship of the company's 700 acres of Marin County land, including public picnic areas and the retail store; and retention of all members of the Marin French staff. Longtime Marin French manager Maxx Sherman will transition to a new role as Director of National Sales. "Marin French's cheese making know-how, care of the employees, preservation of the terroir and consideration for the generations of people who love to visit 'the Cheese Factory' will be in good hands with Rians," Otis adds.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20110426006495/en/Marin-French-Cheese-Company-Announces-Owner
the news story..

This should probably be combined with the prior cheese factory cruise thread... but what do I know?...  :shruggy: