News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

where should i buy fasteners

Started by towscum, April 24, 2011, 01:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

towscum

i need body bolts, windshield clips, interior clips, front valence bolts and clips, etc. please help
1969 dodge charger 440 4 speed

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

elacruze

I've found everything I need like that at R/T Specialties, and at reasonable prices.

http://www.rtspecialties.net/
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

qwick68

68 Charger LL-1 Turquoise

Hemidog

BananaDan

Quote from: elacruze on April 24, 2011, 01:13:11 PM
I've found everything I need like that at R/T Specialties, and at reasonable prices.

http://www.rtspecialties.net/
I agree.  I use Tom at RTS for all of my hardware needs.
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

towscum

1969 dodge charger 440 4 speed

ACUDANUT

Good luck trying him to answer the Freakin phone. :flame:

Charger-Bodie

If you cant get the stuff from Tom,MegaParts stocks most of his stuff. 608-452-2045 Ask for Jamie.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

ACUDANUT

Thought you might want to read this.....>>>>http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,20482.0.html
Also Quote from "recharger":

"I placed a large order with him earlier this year and it was by far the worst experience I've had with any car parts seller, by far.  I'll never do business with him again.

I agree with what most are saying here, he definitely knows his parts and seemed like a nice guy.  I placed an order with him for about 20 different parts, totalling near $800.  I think he got maybe 60% of it right.  I had specifically requested 2-day shipping on one part in particular, but it didn't arrive for 2 weeks, with the rest of the parts.  Whenever I called him to find out where my parts were, he always said "uh, that shipped yesterday."  I guess he doesn't realize UPS tracks ship dates, and he was blatantly lying to me every time.  He claims he never got the request for expedited shipping, but somehow he remembered to charge me for it.  After sending back all the wrong parts and trying to get an exchange, half of the parts he sent (2 months later) were wrong again.  In the end it took over 3 months, and he still never got 3 or 4 of the items to me, which I had to buy elsewhere.  (That's after I already paid him for the wrong parts)  He just quit answering his phone from what I could tell.   I tried email too, with no luck.  Also his pricing didn't match his website OR what he quoted me on the phone.  He also promised me a free grommet which, go figure, he never sent.  I think I have a pretty good idea of why things are run so poorly, but to speculate would put me at legal risk, so I won't.

Buy somewhere else, unless you need to raise your blood pressure. "

BananaDan

Wow, I haven't had any troubles with him.  I dunno.   :shruggy:
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

resq302

Ive never had any problems with Tom yet either.  He is good for a few small parts but if you need a ton of bolts and other hardware stuff, you might want to try AMK.  http://www.amkproducts.com/
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto