News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 Charger console reassembly

Started by BananaDan, April 20, 2011, 09:15:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BananaDan

Like a putz I didn't photograph my console before tear down.  Does anyone have any pictures they can send me or post here to show how these parts go back on?

-All top plates onto shell.  (I know how the door goes on, need to know for the other top plates)
-Console bracket underneath to shell.
-Console to car (how/where does it attach to the brackets welded to the center hump)?
-How does the black plastic shifter slider attach?  I have one now, but the car didn't have one before.
-Best way to attach a new shifter lens?  Superglue or epoxy maybe?

Thanks,
Dan
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

twodko

Hey Dan,
Here's what I can share. The shifter knob has to come off then unscrew the 2 screws just inside the console door on the back end of the console top plate. Put the shifter in neutral, lift up the plate where you removed those 2 screws, pull the plate back a bit then carefully rotate the plate 90* or soand gently lift it off. There should be an assembly underneath the main top plate that houses the shifter register and slip strip. These are easily replaced without any adhesive. Once the top plate is off you will find 2 other screws just behind the shifter assembly, take these out. In the console well there are 2 more screws to be taken out. On the driver side of the console near the gas pedal there is one more screw that needs to come out. I've seen them under the carpet flap and through the carpet flap. Once these 5 screws are out your console should lift right out. Installation is the reverse. Hope this helps.

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!