News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Charger owners wonderin' over here

Started by terrible one, May 12, 2011, 09:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

The magnum is the short bus I'll be driving. It is a charger also, you know, the charger wagon.   Haha.  
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Back N Black

Quote from: skip68 on May 16, 2011, 04:47:35 PM
I agree with Dave.  Don't contaminat the water.   We will end up with a mess of wrong information. THESE ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT CARS WITH THE SAME NAME.   IT'S BAD ENOUGH NOW MAKING SURE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE CORRECT YEAR AND MODEL WHEN WE TRY AND HELP.  If you ask me the Challenger is closer to a charger than the new chargers are.  I guess they should join to and have their own section as well.  I'm sorry but those cars have no business here.  If this site turns into that circus I'm gone.  See ya, goodbye DC.com.   Chuck.

So, that's all it would take for you to leave! bring on the 4 door chargers!  :D  :nana:

Brock Samson

Quote from: skip68 on May 16, 2011, 05:27:39 PM
The magnum is the short bus I'll be driving. It is a charger also, you know, the charger wagon.   Haha. 

There, fixed it for ya'...  :icon_smile_wink:    :lol:

squeakfinder

Shouldn't this be in the car guy section?
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

DustinSimmonds

I retract my previous statement about being "understanding".  :rotz:

UH60L

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on May 13, 2011, 10:40:43 PM
I hang out @ LXforums just as much as I do here.  I've also been to a few meet-n-greets put on by folks from there.

Strangely enough, none of those folks act anything like what's talked about in this thread.  They're no different than the other make followers.  They have the same drive & passion that we do, it's just they like different stuff.

Several of them have more money sunk in their rides than I've ever spent on a car & only take them out during weekends.

UH60L, you're no different than the troll that was here yesterday.

:Twocents: :Twocents:

Firstly, I have no idea who was here yesterday (whenever that was), so I can't honestly speak to that part of your comment.  What I can say, is there are alot of people on chargerforums.com that either don't know a muscle car from a hole in the ground, or just don't care.  Either way, when I see them talking about somethign that isn't factually correct, such as the "second gen" reference, and I post a comment correcting them, and MY post is factually correct, not just an opinion, I am absolutely NOT being a troll.

People who really believe it's "not a charger without the humps on the side" probably think "ice ice baby" and "hammer time" are original songs.  I have seen posts where people said the 2011 car's taillights were stolen from this car or that car, and people posted photos of a '70 charger to shwo them that that was the inspiration.  Obviously they were trolls too..... 

Just in case you don't know who's music those two songs were originally, I'm not gonna tell you, so you won't call me a troll.  Google is your friend.

Opions are opinions, but you can't change the truth or the facts.

472 R/T SE

Quote from: troll in denial on May 13, 2011, 09:45:38 PM

Or when they were talking about the second gen being better than the 2010, I said "yes, the '68 to '70 model was and still is better than the 2010 car.".   I think I was called a troll for that one, but hey that IS the second gen.

Dang, I talk too much!   ;D    goodnight all

And they were correct in calling you what you were/are.  You're on a 2006-present Charger forum talking smack.  I've never seen a new Charger owner over here telling us their models are better.  And trust me, it's not because they don't think that.

To those folks 2nd generation is the new 2011. 

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll

1.    troll    

One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.

If you plan a rebuttal, please try to keep it under 1000 words.   ;)

DustinSimmonds

If there are any "new" Charger owners on here, I think that we need to hear your side of things. This whole argument has been very  one sided.  :shruggy:

Plum Crazy 68

I am fairly new to the site but have had the old charger for a long time.  I still learn many things from you guys (gals)and all your old posts.  If there is anyone that can work on or answer questions about the new cars, then there should be a section they can post in.  I for one have no use for that info.  Just kick those off that are rude to you when you try to help them.

tatrick2me

From 67 to 79 I owned at least one Charger of every year. I've owned six 69's and I still have the 69 R/T SE 440/4 speed and 73 small block SE that I bought new. The 73 always has been a better car than the 69, it don't eat ball joints. I also own an 07 R/T with r&t package. The 07 is a better car than any of my early cars where. What it is not is its not a part of my youth. My Chargers where state of the art muscle cars and girls loved them. But that was then, not now. The new Charger follows the old Charger on road trips because I'm to damn old to walk when that OLD car breaks down.
Bone 7

Ponch ®

I hang out @ LXforums just as much as I do here.  I've also been to a few meet-n-greets put on by folks from there.

Strangely enough, none of those folks act anything like what's talked about in this thread.  They're no different than the other make followers.  They have the same drive & passion that we do, it's just they like different stuff.

Several of them have more money sunk in their rides than I've ever spent on a car & only take them out during weekends.

:yesnod:

What's your screen name over there?

Im on there a lot too. The misconception is that if you're into the newer cars, you're all about the big wheels and the bling and know nothing about turning a wrench because it's "all show and no go". WRONG. Like 472 said, some guys are deep into the performance angle and are super knowledgeable (you have to be...you don't just swap in a new carb or a new cam...you also have to know how to tune the car's computer and electronics so they'll work like they're supposed to). And while people here are always bitching and moaning about how they don't make this or that part for the old Chargers, some of those guys are in their garages fabbing up some very high quality parts for their cars.

We've been over this a billion times. The hard core anti-new Charger guys will by all means absolutely refuse to believe that those cars can be serious performance machines. They prefer to stay in their bubbles and resort to the "oh, but it has four doors" or "they're all ghetto mobiles" barbs. It helps them justify their otherwise irrational disdain for those cars.

Heh...it's all a matter of perspective anyway, I guess. I've been around this site and its predecessor long enough to remember the days before the new Charger when the whipping boys for the 'elitists' were the late third gen (73/74)  cars.

As far as having a "new Charger" section here...I really don't think it's all that necessary as far as tech stuff. Then again a lot of us here do own both new and old Chargers and having a place where we can discuss them without having it degenerate into a flame war could be beneficial. I do think it's pretty rude (and reflects poorly on the site as a whole) whenever some newbie with a new Charger stumbles into this site, asks a question about the new car, and then proceeds to be insulted and/or flamed, usually by the same 3 or 4 people.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Kern Dog

Well said. I like the new stuff even though I own a classic. I'm not a fan of front wheel drive "tuner" cars, but a REAR wheel drive Charger of ANY year is fine by me.

472 R/T SE

Quote from: Ponch ® on May 18, 2011, 05:43:38 PM

Same as it is here.  I don't get out of the Northwest section much.  There's a local guy with a blue Super Bee that's hoping to hit 10's this summer.  He has the new 426 motor & I think it's on the bottle.  Another guy with a red Charger that's down in the low 11's hoping for 10's.  They were both down at the MATS running.  They even brought me a T-shirt back.
One guy in Seattle with a Daytona is working hard to be the first NW LX into the 9's, his car is unfortunately a little too blinged out for me.

Met this guy Sunday.  He's legally blind so his wife drives him around.  Engine bay was tastefully not overdone.

UH60L

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on May 17, 2011, 03:22:08 PM
Quote from: troll in denial on May 13, 2011, 09:45:38 PM

Or when they were talking about the second gen being better than the 2010, I said "yes, the '68 to '70 model was and still is better than the 2010 car.".   I think I was called a troll for that one, but hey that IS the second gen.

Dang, I talk too much!   ;D    goodnight all

And they were correct in calling you what you were/are.  You're on a 2006-present Charger forum talking smack.  I've never seen a new Charger owner over here telling us their models are better.  And trust me, it's not because they don't think that.

To those folks 2nd generation is the new 2011. 

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll

1.    troll    

One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.

If you plan a rebuttal, please try to keep it under 1000 words.   ;)

Well, first I have to point out that this:

"If you plan a rebuttal, please try to keep it under 1000 words.   ;)"

is exactly what this:

"1.    troll    

One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument."

is refering to, so nice job of defining your own post.

That said, as I tried to explain, I wasn't posting on their site to be disruptive.  I was posting because what I posted was the truth, not just my opinion.  You can't just make up your own version of the truth.  If owners of the 2006-2010 or 2011 sedans want a "gen" number it would technically be 4 and 5, 5 and 6, or 6 and 7, depending on wheather you include the late '70s and the '80s.

If "ice ice baby comes on the radio at work, but then it actually turns out to be Queen singing "under pressure", and some uninformed person makes a comment about it being "ripped off" by Queen, I tell them to do a google search because queen did it first.  It's not an argument, it's not a disruption, it's just me telling someone how it really is.  I someone gets butt hurt because they don't like that, that is their problem. (no matter what site I am on)

As I already stated, you can't change the truth, noone can.

UH60L

"We've been over this a billion times. The hard core anti-new Charger guys will by all means absolutely refuse to believe that those cars can be serious performance machines. They prefer to stay in their bubbles and resort to the "oh, but it has four doors" or "they're all ghetto mobiles" barbs. It helps them justify their otherwise irrational disdain for those cars. "

I have to say, as I have before, and I think others would agree, that most people would say the 2006 to 2010 and 2011 sedan would sell just as good as they already have, just on the merrits of the car itself, regardless of what name it carries.

IE, I don't think the majority of those who don't like the cars ACTUALLY don't like the car itself.  They just don't like the name it carries.  I think the car makes a fine family sedan, but that isn't something I would look for if I was buying a muscle car.

Also, I personally don't like huge wheels, but I don't like them on any vehicle, they just don't look like they fit the overall design of most of the vehicles I have seen them on.

I'm curious, how many owners of the new cars bought them solely for taking to special events like car shows, cruise ins, or the track, and keep them garaged in the winter, and own seperate daily drivers? 

Back N Black

I think we should agree to disagree, not every one likes the new charger and not everyone gets a hard-on for the old chargers. I have a co-worker that has a new charger and he does not like my 69 at all. I don't like the new charger, but we respect each others opinion.  :shruggy:

twodko

Quote from: Back N Black on May 20, 2011, 02:36:01 PM
I think we should agree to disagree, not every one likes the new charger and not everyone gets a hard-on for the old chargers. I have a co-worker that has a new charger and he does not like my 69 at all. I don't like the new charger, but we respect each others opinion.  :shruggy:

To each his own. The new ones are a sedan to me but if the owner is happy with them its OK by me. Just don't even attempt to tell me how these new sedans are "1st gen" Chargers.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

doctor4766

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on May 20, 2011, 10:15:03 PM
http://comcast.vehix.com/articles/top-10-list/5-classic-american-cars-then-and-now/4?cid=800
Had to laugh at this bit about the new Charger

"Ralph Gilles, the President and CEO of the Dodge Car Brand, is exceptionally proud of the redesigned 2011 Dodge Charger (read review) – and for good reason, since it's even more aggressive than before. With the arrival of the new Pentastar V6 and substantial improvements to the performance and interior, the 2011 Dodge Charger V6 is in a class all its own. Mustang, Camaro and Charger fans can debate which car is the best among themselves, and they often do."

Yeah I'd say there's a few here who would rather a new Stang or Camaro
Gotta love a '69

ChgrSteve67

I was laughting at the top speed number of 175 mph.

Maybe the SRT8 can do that but there is no way in hell the v6 could acomplish that.
Well maybe if you push it out the back of a airplane at 10,000 feet.

Black Charger

Quote from: Ponch ® on May 18, 2011, 05:43:38 PM

:yesnod:

Im on there a lot too. The misconception is that if you're into the newer cars, you're all about the big wheels and the bling and know nothing about turning a wrench because it's "all show and no go". WRONG. Like 472 said, some guys are deep into the performance angle and are super knowledgeable (you have to be...you don't just swap in a new carb or a new cam...you also have to know how to tune the car's computer and electronics so they'll work like they're supposed to). And while people here are always bitching and moaning about how they don't make this or that part for the old Chargers, some of those guys are in their garages fabbing up some very high quality parts for their cars.

We've been over this a billion times. The hard core anti-new Charger guys will by all means absolutely refuse to believe that those cars can be serious performance machines. They prefer to stay in their bubbles and resort to the "oh, but it has four doors" or "they're all ghetto mobiles" barbs. It helps them justify their otherwise irrational disdain for those cars.

Heh...it's all a matter of perspective anyway, I guess. I've been around this site and its predecessor long enough to remember the days before the new Charger when the whipping boys for the 'elitists' were the late third gen (73/74)  cars.

As far as having a "new Charger" section here...I really don't think it's all that necessary as far as tech stuff. Then again a lot of us here do own both new and old Chargers and having a place where we can discuss them without having it degenerate into a flame war could be beneficial. I do think it's pretty rude (and reflects poorly on the site as a whole) whenever some newbie with a new Charger stumbles into this site, asks a question about the new car, and then proceeds to be insulted and/or flamed, usually by the same 3 or 4 people.

Ponch, VERY well said!

Some of you may know that I drive a 2006 SRT8 but I have always wanted a 2nd gen Charger. I grew up watching the Dukes of Hazzard and I also admired a family friend's triple green 1968 Charger R/T. I came to this site to learn more about the classic Chargers before I make a purchase, since a lot of people on here are very knowledgeable about them. I honestly believe it's "different strokes for different folks" when it comes to choosing a classic or LX Charger.