News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Transmision temp

Started by 67440chrg, April 10, 2011, 01:25:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

67440chrg

Just wondering what the max acceptable trans temp should be. Mine was running around 170. I changed my radiator engine temp is fine but trans temp is running 180 to 190 now. Normally you did not have a gauge for trans temp so my guess would be its fine if it is in the safe engine temp range but I never gave it this much thought but I Have a more pricey trans now rev pattern man shift etc. I have a trans cooling coil as well as the radiator. 

John_Kunkel

Anything between 160-200°F is Ok.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

flyinlow

My max pan temp runs between 140* in the winter and 190* in the summer. The fluid stays bright red, trans. keeps working.   A518 trans, B&M plate cooler , ATF4 fluid.  :Twocents:

67440chrg

Thanks I thought it was ok but was just wondering. I never gave it much thought in the past. I have ran a extra coil in front of my radiator on my last few cars with 727s.
Thanks again