News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Found the powersteer problem Where can I get this?

Started by G-man, April 06, 2011, 06:37:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G-man

Hello,

I spoke with the power steer guys that still have my charger. They finally tracked down whats wrong.

The Box itself is great and has been beefed up. The actual pump however, is not functioning propperly and thus causing the fluid inside to boil. The big BRRRRRR noise it was making was not  due to air being inside the pump/box but because the slipping way the pump works isnt working propperly, it dropps pressure and then it has to work harder and thats when it starts going BRRRRRRRRRRR and then it cooks the oil inside.

So the power steer place said they will pay for a new pump to be put on and I wont have to pay for it, and the fact they rebuilt the old one, they will take the loss on that because I been waiting so long.

So really, he asked me if I can help as he hasnt been able to find one...

Where can I get the original 383ci - 727 on the column - 68 Charger - Power steer pump?

Hes happy to pay for it, I just need to find where he can order one. Also is there a NOS one anywhere? I will run both prices by him and if hes happy to get the NOS one, we will get that then... since hes paying, mayswell have both prices and see if hes ok with that.

Thank you very much guys!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Try www.rockauto.com   should be able to get them re-man
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

nvrbdn

do we have a pic of said pump? i got 3 power steer pumps in the garage and as said on a diff thread i believe some of the parts are from a 68. so if i can find out the difference in the pumps mabey i can help you out.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House