News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 fender tag question?

Started by rare69, January 02, 2006, 02:39:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rare69

any more R/T SE without vinyl top pics out there.

MoparMotel

mine before paint.........but it originally had a tan top
1968 Dodge Charger

hemigeno

Quote from: Khyron on January 04, 2006, 08:54:50 PM
o.k. my 69 has only one paint code. Does this mean she's rusting under that vinyl? :cry:

Khyron, the best we can tell, whether you had one or two paint codes your car probably doesn't have paint underneath that vinyl top roof.  They spritzed some on the C-Pillar about half-way up, but the majority of the roof probably doesn't have any paint on it.

You can thank the beancounters at Chrysler for that, since they saved a few dollars (literally, just a few dollars) on every car by not paying for the paint material or the labor to spray the paint on that roof.

Shakey

Quote from: hemigeno on January 05, 2006, 10:50:43 AM
Quote from: Khyron on January 04, 2006, 08:54:50 PM
o.k. my 69 has only one paint code. Does this mean she's rusting under that vinyl? :cry:

Khyron, the best we can tell, whether you had one or two paint codes your car probably doesn't have paint underneath that vinyl top roof.   They spritzed some on the C-Pillar about half-way up, but the majority of the roof probably doesn't have any paint on it.

You can thank the beancounters at Chrysler for that, since they saved a few dollars (literally, just a few dollars) on every car by not paying for the paint material or the labor to spray the paint on that roof.

Then they end up like this after sitting for 20 years.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

rare69

how about a sunfire yellow, stripe delete  no vinyl top  69 R/T pic? anybody got one for me.I'm going threw withdrawls and need to see pic's. please help!