News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

carpet color change

Started by 68blue, May 18, 2011, 05:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68blue

Could not find any carpet close enough to my cobalt blue exterior color so I decided to try changing an available color. I started with bright blue which is on the left of the photo. Mixed Blue RIT dye with 2 oz butylcellosolve per gallon water and heated to about 180. Tinted in a little purple dye using pieces of the old carpet for test. After matching the color I set the carpet on a frame and loaded the hot material into an old pressure fed spray gun and continued spraying the dye into the carpet until I achieved the depth of color I wanted using my painted speed shape as a guide. Put a cardboard box over the frame and a heater inside the box to dry out and set the dye. Worked out pretty good so I repeated the process for all the carpet pieces.

vancamp

cool chemistry and carpet who woulds thought.

jaak

Cool, looks great. What color are the seats gonna be, white? Or will you have to find matching material?

Jason

68blue

Seats are pearl white as is most of the interior. The dash pad and parts are the same blue. Pearl white vinyl top as well.