News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bad tire.

Started by General_01, May 28, 2011, 07:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_01

I bought some new rims and BFG's from Jegs over the winter. I took them in today to get mounted and one of the 275/60/15's was bad. The tire would have needed about 17 oz of weights just to balance it and there was a noticable wobble when they would spin the tire on the balancer. I was hoping to put the new set on the car. I will be sending this one back to Jegs. First time buying tires online and this happened. Trying to decide if I should get a refund and buy locally or exchange it. :scratchchin:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

69rtse4spd

I deal only with a local tire shop that has been in town for ever. Any problems & I can take it back & they will make it right. Might cost more but personal service & helping to keep a family run business open is worth it to me. You get what you pay for.  :Twocents:.  

HPP

Did you have them change the position of the tire on the rim? Sometimes you end up with a tire inbalance and a wheel inbalance lined up in the same spot and you suddenly have a weight problem. Mark the tire and rim, then break the bead and rotate the tire 180* and re-balance.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: HPP on May 28, 2011, 08:40:50 PM
Did you have them change the position of the tire on the rim? Sometimes you end up with a tire inbalance and a wheel inbalance ligne dup in teh same spot and you suddenly have a weight problem. Mark the tire and rim, then break teh bead and rotate the tire 180* and re-balance.

I agree.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

General_01

I did think of that and I would have asked them to do that if not for the wobble. The rim was not moving. It was like a 10 speed bike tire that rubs on the brakes. I didn't think that would go away.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Charger-Bodie

It probably wouldnt.....
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

69 OUR/TEA

I have my doubts now about BFG's,I picked up a car this past winter that has BFG's on it that are date coded from 2004 and have less than 1000 miles on them,all of them are out of round(egg shaped/flat spotted),had my friend that runs a tire company balance all of them,heaviest weight being 2.50 ozs.,but all 4 tires wobble up and down,rims are good.Trying to drive the car on some long highway trips to hopefully round them back,but no counting on it.
With that said,my 87 GN has Cooper Cobras that I put on it back in 1996,less than 5k miles on them still,no dry rot,wobble,etc.You can feel after a long sitting time(winter) they shake very,very minimal for about 1-2 miles on the highway but straighten right out perfectly,and are good for the rest of the year.The back ones are easier to warm up and straighten out  ;D :drive: !!!!! 

rt green

cooper makes a very good tire. we sell them. rarely see one come back with craftsmanship issues. i have the same bfg's. been on the car and not run yet. been an few years. i move the car around the shop once and awhile. hope they are ok.
third string oil changer