News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Does anyone here own a Yamaha Vmax, a V65 Magna or a supermoto?

Started by bull, February 26, 2011, 11:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Fan

Quote from: General_01 on March 03, 2011, 10:50:43 PM
All this talk has me wanting a motorcycle. May be going to look at a 1982 Yamaha XJ650 Maxim.
That's actually a great starter bike. That's what I started out on...got a pic around here somewhere.
Although, they're not new anymore, so make sure you get one with clean carbs, because half that Hitachi stuff is discontinued. Oh & the front brake pads are supposed to be tapered on either side. As they wear, they turn & end up straight. :image_294343: If they bind up on you & slow your full-throttle blast to about 20MPH, just rebuild the caliper & you're good to go. ;)

BTW Bull, KTM is almost as hard to find parts for as a friggin' Duc. :-\  Plus twice the cost...
Not trying to be hatin', just sayin'.  :P
But...like a Range Rover, they sure look purty from the outside. :smilielol:
The HyperMotard Duc in your link is one sexy bike, no bones about it. I rode one for a few miles last year...all black...man, I could get into all sorts of trouble on that thing. :D  It doesn't weigh a whole lot, either. And the exhaust note at WOT is pure symphony, I tell ya. I don't care how much the tuneups are, it would be worth it... :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

bull

Quote from: Charger_Fan on March 04, 2011, 01:32:35 AM
BTW Bull, KTM is almost as hard to find parts for as a friggin' Duc. :-\  Plus twice the cost...
Not trying to be hatin', just sayin'.  :P
But...like a Range Rover, they sure look purty from the outside. :smilielol:

Well, they wouldn't be hard to find as there's a KTM dealership about three miles from my house. Affording them is a different story. The more I think about this it seems in the long run it would probably be cheaper and easier to buy an XR and convert it. They are realiable and parts are easy to get but don't cost too much. I could ride it with the factory-style tires until I have the money to do the conversion.

Patronus

The XR supers are really nice from what I hear. Could hold your breath finding one done, hell makin' it's half the fun!!
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

bull

Quote from: Patronus on March 04, 2011, 06:38:35 PM
The XR supers are really nice from what I hear. Could hold your breath finding one done, hell makin' it's half the fun!!

There's one for sale up near Seattle but it looks like it's pretty hammered to me.

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

bull

maxwellwedge

Quote from: Lennard on February 28, 2011, 01:18:13 AM
I have driven a lot of different motorcycles in my life but I bought a Black Max in 1996 and I still own it and will never go.
It has a Dynojet stage 7 kit in it and has 150 Hp at the rear wheel and is a blast to drive. I have never done any bull riding in my live but I think it is pretty simular to riding my V Max. Unpredictable everytime time you hit the throttle and leave with a squealing/smoking rear tire.
It is a power cruiser and not for beginners. This is my Hot Rod on two wheels: Mad Max.

Bought one the first year they came out....couldn't resist the cool commercial with all the musclecars and then seeing one at the dealer. Tub thumping torque and docile as all heck when cruising.......A beast when you turned up the wick and the V-Boost did its thing!  :2thumbs:

bull

Quote from: Patronus on March 09, 2011, 02:31:20 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-CRF-450R-MOTARD-RACING-OR-CAN-STREET-LEGAL-/190509613281?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item2c5b4200e1#v4-31

"The engine was taken apart to see how it looked and the only thing that was put in it was a set of brand new titanium valves." :ahum:

Listed as having zero miles and yet the guy takes the engine apart just to see how it looked? Why would anyone do that?

Patronus

...race bike.. gets torn down at least twice a week.
The XR really is the way to go, wont vibrate your hands off going down the road, plus parts are everywhere!
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE