News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Brake booster linkage

Started by vandie12, March 25, 2011, 05:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vandie12

I'm adding a brake booster to my 69 Charger, I'm missing the linkage from the booster to the pedal. Does any one know where I can get one of these?  

randy73

Chatt69chgr

If you do a little searching on the site you will find a nice picture of what you are looking for.  In fact, there is a nice picture in the 69 service manual.  This linkage piece has not been and probably never will be repoped.  In fact, the correct booster for the 69 has not been repoped either.  Doesn't look like it will be.  In any case, I know that part was used on 68-70's.  Not sure about earlier models.  A similar part was used 71 and up but it's not exactly the same.  You will need to either look in junkyards or post a picture of the linkage on some of the "wanted" sections of various forums.  Also call folks that restore the bendix dual diaphram booster and look on ebay.  If you got desperate enough, the part could probably be fabricated.  Good luck.

vandie12

All set got one............ Is there anything else I should be on the look out ofr on this modification?