News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What Coolant / AntiFreeze ?

Started by Needa68, March 13, 2011, 04:18:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Needa68

This topic probably has as many answers as "what oil do you run", but I'm interestested in seeing whats being put in our classic cars now days in with regard to coolant/antifreeze. From what I gather, not all coolants are the same, or equal for that matter. There is the green stuff, the pink stuff, the clear stuff and the orange stuff etc. I also have a classic European, and the local shop put "the green stuff" in it without me knowing, and within weeks the water pump was toast. It needs the clear stuff.

So I started thinking about the Charger and the 440, which is about to receive its first fluids. Around and on my 440 (1975 replacement block w. stock cam) I'm going to be running an all new Champion alum. radiator, stock 1968 906 iron heads, and an aluminium water pump. So the question is do I go after a highly aluminium sensitive (small phosphates, low silicates) mix like Zerex G-05 (the clear stuff) or just put what I call an "Omni Coolant" in like Dexcool? Perhaps something else considering the block and heads are iron?

It would be great to hear whats running out there in our classics given all the modern options.

Searched this topic prior to post...didn't see much..apologies if this is a duplicate of another thread.

Drive fast, make the light.

The Mitchell & Mitchell 1968 Dodge Restorations

http://www.68dodgerestorations.com

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Needa68 on March 13, 2011, 04:18:27 AM

Searched this topic prior to post...didn't see much..apologies if this is a duplicate of another thread.

Apparently not hard enough :nana:

;)

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,76884.0.html
Chris' '69 Charger R/T