News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Doug is that yours?????

Started by jonw29, April 13, 2011, 08:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonw29

Doug is the #7 in the new Mopar Action?Congratulations.

Aero426

Hi Jon, yes it's been in the works for a while.  Cliff Gromer took the pics at Monster Mopar last September.    I checked a couple stores to try and find it, but it hasn't hit here yet.   It's the August issue with the 2012 Charger on the cover.  Thanks for mentioning it.  Hopefully it came out good and does the car and Ramo justice.

hemi68charger

Cool Doug !!!!!    :2thumbs:

Look forward in seeing it............ My situation with Motor Trend Classic has been confirmed as well... Thanks a lot !!!!

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

A383Wing

Aero426

You bet Troy, hopefully your deal comes together as planned.  

Best we can do for tonight is the index page.   Most of you have seen this old heap anyway.   It's not like the DB's cover car from the Great White North ya know.  

jonw29

I saw it online as well.It hasnt gotten to this part of the country yet either.

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

nascarxx29

Cool I havent got that issue yet :2thumbs:
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Mopar John

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Aero426

I've just seen some PDFs of the article, but the files are WAY too big to post.   The issue should be hitting the news stands this week.  It's a good piece, and there are quite a few old photos of Ramo and the car, that have not been seen before.   

moparstuart

got mine in the mail monday  :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

nitrometal

I haven't seen this thread until now.  While I was grocery shopping today I glanced at the cover and wasn't going to buy it because all the articles on the cover seemed to be about modern Mopars until I saw "Restored Speedway Superbird" down in the corner.  I had to purchase it after I opened it up!  Great photos that I haven't seen before.

Geez Doug, who do you have to sleep with to get your car featured in all these magazines?   ::)
I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

http://pettysuperbird.com

Aero426

Hey Phil, my car wasn't in a toy catalog like yours!    The magazine cover sure would have been nice, but I don't think they could have done it since they had Maxwell Wedge's Bird on the cover of the last issue.    :smilielol:    
They took the photos at Monster Mopar last year.  

Incidently, ALL the originals of those vintage photos in the article have recently been STOLEN.   They belonged to Ramo.    Someone broke into their property late in March and took seven photo albums of his career among other memorabilia and things.  Ramo's wife had three of them in St Louis and had recently finished putting the other albums together.    She is pretty upset over the whole deal.     

nitrometal

Quote from: Aero426 on May 04, 2011, 09:15:03 AM
Incidently, ALL the originals of those vintage photos in the article have recently been STOLEN.   They belonged to Ramo.    Someone broke into their property late in March and took seven photo albums of his career among other memorabilia and things.  Ramo's wife had three of them in St Louis and had recently finished putting the other albums together.    She is pretty upset over the whole deal.     

OMG!  That's horrible news!!  Now, who would want something like that except a collector, wouldn't you think?  I'll keep my eyes peeled for them to show up for sale somewhere.
I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

http://pettysuperbird.com

Mopurr

That is horrible, that someone would do that......she had put so much work into those albums and they were so enjoyable to go through and hear the story with the picture

I so hope that some how, they are found and returned to them.

What a great bunch of USAC racing history lost.... :(

Aero426

Keokuk Iowa is not that big.  Somebody knows somebody who did it.    There is a $1200 reward out right now for information leading to arrest and conviction.    I've pledged $100 to the reward.  If anyone else wants to pledge a couple bucks should they apprehend the d-bag, it may bring results.  

I think Judy was inspired to get the rest of Ramo's 35 year racing days into the photo albums.  It was all of it, USAC,  NASCAR, ARCA and the early IMCA days.  She completed four more to the three she had in St Louis.   I bothers me to think what's been lost.