News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

H3R HalGuard Fire Extinguisher

Started by BananaDan, March 16, 2011, 10:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BananaDan

Does anyone have any experience with this model extinguisher?  I need to get one for my car, and I like the sound of this one since it's like Halon and doesn't leave residue everywhere.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HTR-HG250B/

Dan
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

68X426

It is an outstanding safety item, a perfect choice.  :2thumbs:  Halguard is great replacement for halon, capacity is just right. Also available in chrome.

Shop it because you can get a better price/better shipping. Example: http://www.performance4trucks.com/Tools/2-5-lb-Black-Clean-Agent-Fire-Extinguisher.aspx?t_c=71&t_s=315&t_pt=100721&t_pl=9705&t_pn=H3RHG250B&utm_source=google&utm_medium=froogle&utm_campaign=product&emlprox=out

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

BananaDan

Thanks.  Does anyone have ideas or suggestions for mounting?  Do you just leave it loose in your backseat?  Do you mount it in the trunk, or inside the car?  I would love to see pics and hear ideas.  I'm going with black since my car is yellow and black.  I don't want chrome and was going to get red, but when I saw it black that's perfect for me.

Dan
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

68X426

Lowes and Home Depot have an assortment of wall holders and clamps. I mounted mine in the back seat, driver side, right under the arm rest. Tucks in perfectly and still leaves room for a passenger (rare occassions). I've seen brackets for Porsche/Ferrari that go under the drivers seat. Might work for you. Googgle away to find other options.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow