News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How much would you pay for this Charger?

Started by sdaniel307, March 06, 2011, 07:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdaniel307

I would really appreciate your help in answering this question.

Pretend for a second that it's 2010, and you're buying the following new Charger:

2010 Charger SXT

Black with gray cloth seats; 3.5-liter V6 High-Output 24-Valve MPI Engine; sunroof; spoiler; 18 inch chrome-clad aluminum wheels; touring suspension; media center 430 CD/DVD/HDD radio with touch screen; and all of the standard features. The sticker price is $29,070 (USA price).

NOTE: The car slips and shifts gears hard from 1st to 2nd. Also, it shudders hard going in reverse on an incline.

How much would you pay for this car (with the shifting problem) NEW in 2010?

How much would you pay for this same car (with the shifting problem) USED (8 months old with 15,000 miles on it)?

Thank you for your help.

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Troy

I wouldn't touch it. There's a million other cars out there that don't have issues.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

ACUDANUT

bull

I'd pay the same for that one as I would for any other 2010 in perfect working order.

DustinSimmonds

Sorry to say buddy but your asking the wrong folks. I myself however, I would probably say its worth 15,000 - 20,000.

greasyspider

24-25k if its FIXED.  Find out how much a used tranny is with the same mileage, and subtract that plus installation costs if it isn't fixed.
'71 Plum Crazy  R/T

The70RT

Question is was the car wasn't ran to death and messed up the trans...how do the original tires look??? Maybe talk to the original owner.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

TeeWJay426

Quote from: Troy on March 07, 2011, 09:14:55 AM
I wouldn't touch it. There's a million other cars out there that don't have issues.

Troy

:iagree: X2
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

dodgecharger-fan

Try and get an idea of what a transmission repair would cost and subtract it from about $15000 to 17000 - depending on how nice the rest of the car is..

Check out chargerforums.com and see if anyone there has an opinion on the symptoms.
It may be as simple as a session with a programmer, or it could be a full trans replacement... or something in between.
If it's a known issue, the folks there will know about it.

rollingthunder

life's to short have a blast before its gone.

69charger440

I would trade Boardwalk and Baltic Ave for it, and thats being generous.  :smilielol:
1969 Charger 540 Blown Hemi 1000HP, 69 Road Runner 500 Stroker 665 HP

69chargerrt440

Heck for that price you can get a 09-10 Challenger R/T.  :shruggy:
When your Charger is sideways, just give it more gas!

gtx6970

about 3 grand less than a compariably equipped charger of like year and condition

69bronzeT5

Quote from: sdaniel307 on March 06, 2011, 07:46:31 PM
How much would you pay for this car (with the shifting problem) NEW in 2010?

It wouldn't have a shifting problem if it was new..... :shruggy:

How much would you pay for this same car (with the shifting problem) USED (8 months old with 15,000 miles on it)?

Wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. If an 8 month old car has a harsh shifting problem, no telling what the hell else is messed up and waiting to pop up

:Twocents:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Cooter

Why would someone buy a 2010 Charger with trans problems?
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

ITSA426

I gotta go with the wiser minds on this post.  Why get one of these with issues when there are so many out there to choose from?  I enjoy both of our newer Chargers and think they are nice cars but these are not collectible in limited supply.