News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Date coded power steering box - 2/68

Started by mopar0166, March 23, 2011, 10:54:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar0166

I just replaced the steering box on my 69 charger and found it to have a date code of 2 /68 i beleive.  Is this worth selling or should i just trade it in for the 70 dollar core.  let me know, i dont think i want to keep it at all so ether way its going to get out of my garage.  Located in NJ if anyone wants to do better then the core for it.   :cheers:

mopar0166

im guessing no one cares and i shold just get my core money

stripedelete

The way I see it, only the market can tell you.

When I had mine rebuilt I was told few steering boxes were date coded.  So, if someone chooses not to worry about it, their car is still correct.   Therefore, only someone sensitive to the date code, that fits the date code, can tell you what it's worth.    :Twocents:

mopar0166

Yeah i just feel guilty about dumping at the parts store for a core.  I wanted to test the waters to see if any one was looking for it.  Thier is also a service bullet from 69 charger registry talking about this steering gear

Troy

I've got several laying around. Even when asking less than the core charge the shipping makes it a tough sell.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Chatt69chgr

Those things are heavy.  Cost me $54 to ship mine from Chattanooga to Firm Feel.

mopar0166

I hear you guys, i just hate to trade in date coded stuff when thier is guys looking for it.  I guess ill just go get my core charge this week.   thanks guys

ACUDANUT