News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Help with checking out a Charger in Rockford IL.

Started by bakerhillpins, March 02, 2011, 10:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jessejames

Wow!! I saw this car last night and tried calling on it. The guy wouldnt pick up or return my calls. I called right away Thursday morning at 7am. I thought it was a scam... I guess it was a real car. Sorry to hear you didnt get there in time.

ChargerST

bakerhillpins

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on March 03, 2011, 11:45:31 PM
I know that after a while a person starts getting desperate.  Just stick with your morals & don't settle just because.

You're the one that's spending the money.  Never know, it could take another week or years from now.

It's all cool, Paul is just expressing some frustration.. He has been very helpful to me searching for a car and I think he wants me in one just about as much as I do.  :2thumbs:

Quote from: ChargerST on March 04, 2011, 07:18:03 AM
Are you sure it's gone? The ad is still up: http://rockford.craigslist.org/cto/2243239871.html

That's coming up deleted too.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

ChargerST

Interesting, I can still access the ad. Maybe my browser shows me an old version saved in the cache. Anyways, good luck on finding another one. Itsure looked like a decent deal but according to the pictures it will need a full restoration.

PocketThunder

Quote from: bakerhillpins on March 04, 2011, 07:43:15 AM
I know that after a while a person starts getting desperate.  Just stick with your morals & don't settle just because.

You're the one that's spending the money.  Never know, it could take another week or years from now.

It's all cool, Paul is just expressing some frustration.. He has been very helpful to me searching for a car and I think he wants me in one just about as much as I do.  :2thumbs:

I want him to buy a different one he cant afford.   :icon_smile_big: 

Ya i had a couple Knob Creeks last night when i posted up my frustration and i know i shouldnt post on here when i've been hitting the sauce...  :cheers:   :lol:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

bakerhillpins

Quote from: PocketThunder on March 04, 2011, 12:10:50 PM
Quote from: bakerhillpins on March 04, 2011, 07:43:15 AM

I want him to buy a different one he cant afford.   :icon_smile_big: 

Ya i had a couple Knob Creeks last night when i posted up my frustration and i know i shouldnt post on here when i've been hitting the sauce...  :cheers:   :lol:

Trust me, I'm as frustrated as all get out!  I actually called him Wednesday night (about 2hrs after I first called, and shortly after all of our email traffic) and left a message saying I wanted to know how he would like to preceded with a out of state sale. I never heard back, but it was about 9:15 his time so I figured he was done for the evening. Meanwhile I was up till midnight trying to organize someone to check it out. He didn't return the calls Thursday either. Would be nice to have all the sleep back I didn't get that night.  :eek2:

What are you going to do..  :shruggy:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

NHCharger

Sorry to hear that another one slipped by. I know how frustrating it is find what looks like a good deal on C/L. Someone local will always scoop it up before you have a chance to have someone look at it. I felt like I paid $500-1,000. more than I should have for my 68 but I know that someone else local would have paid as much or more for it.
When I bought my 71 Charger back in 95 the guy was asking $1,500.00. He said a girl had just looked at it and was coming back with $1,200.00 to buy it. He said if I got him the money first it was mine. I only lived 10 minutes away so I raced home, got the cash and beat her back to the car and drove the Charger home. She must have been pissed when she went to p/u the car :lol:
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Brock Samson

When i bought my 440 Six-Pack short block and when i was counting the money, the door bell rang and another car had just pulled up outside... 'n when I was first on the scene for the '71 Road Runner - the guy's phone was ringing off the hook... he finally had to turn it off,.. i was only first at both of those sales cause i worked at the newspaper and made it a point of reading the galley proofs (they don't have those anymore) everyday @ 3:30 PM, to check the Collector Cars and Auto Parts sections. I guess you could say I was cheating..  :shruggy:  :lol:

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

nvrbdn

Quote from: Brock Samson on March 04, 2011, 12:56:44 PM
When i bought my 440 Six-Pack short block and when i was counting the money, the door bell rang and another car had just pulled up outside... 'n when I was first on the scene for the '71 Road Runner - the guy's phone was ringing off the hook... he finally had to turn it off,.. i was only first at both of those sales cause i worked at the newspaper and made it a point of reading the galley proofs (they don't have those anymore) everyday @ 3:30 PM, to check the Collector Cars and Auto Parts sections. I guess you could say I was cheating..  :shruggy:  :lol:

sounds to me like cheaters do prosper :D :D :D :D :D
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

where the heck is kennewick? looks like a good deal. someone wake up bakerhillpins  :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Bob T

Quote from: Brock Samson on March 04, 2011, 12:56:44 PM
When i bought my 440 Six-Pack short block and when i was counting the money, the door bell rang and another car had just pulled up outside... 'n when I was first on the scene for the '71 Road Runner - the guy's phone was ringing off the hook... he finally had to turn it off,.. i was only first at both of those sales cause i worked at the newspaper and made it a point of reading the galley proofs (they don't have those anymore) everyday @ 3:30 PM, to check the Collector Cars and Auto Parts sections. I guess you could say I was cheating..  :shruggy:  :lol:

Yeah, same. We have a maintenance contract at a printing company and I grabbed a copy of the press one day just before distrubution and scanned the ads and found an Aussie 4 speed Charger about 1 1/2 hours away.
I rang the guy then knocked off work , went to the bank and got some dough then went to the hire company and got a tandem trailer.
It was winter and cold and the guy probably hadnt expected anyone to show up so early in the morning ( 9.30 )cause his fresh rattle can paint job on the freshly bogged sills hadnt cured properly from the night before, because of the low temperatures. Also , inside the trunk ducktail was the torn off cardboard that he used as a guide while he bogged over from the outside decklid. He hadnt had a chance to pull that off also.
And the 4 speed was a toyota one and the road worthy sticker had 2 days left to run and it had no chance of getting another one.  " Thanks bud, but not what Im looking for " :o

Took the trailer and $ back and went back to work. Still though, it was worth a look , could have been a real find not a p.o.s.

Good luck on the hunt though  bakerhillpins   :2thumbs: something will turn up and be worthwhile. 
Old Dog, Old Tricks.